 Robotics / Vision Command / *140 (-40)
  Re: Who knows any hints and tips for taking video by LEGOCAM?

May I need to config something to compress captured file? (...) there (...) how (...) (23 years ago, 21-Jun-01, to lugnet.robotics.vc)

  Re: Who knows any hints and tips for taking video by LEGOCAM?

(...) Pinnacle Systems has a USB capture device that allows you to use alternate video sources: (URL) post: (URL) that the device probably won't work with Vision Command. I use the Windows Movie Maker (part of ME?) with the VC camera, I don't recall (...) (23 years ago, 20-Jun-01, to lugnet.robotics.vc)

  Who knows any hints and tips for taking video by LEGOCAM?

I am using LEGOCAM to take video for my LEGO Train projects, but I found there are several problems, first, it is not clear, the resolution is too lower, how can I improve it? Second, the AVI files is too big, it is about 20M for 2 minutes, I use (...) (23 years ago, 20-Jun-01, to lugnet.robotics.vc)

  Re: Dual Vision Command Controll

Please do, cause the dual "binocular vision" is somthing I'm looking foward too plus the ability of the Robot completely interact with the two VC Cams is really neat. Good Luck!! Eric (...) (23 years ago, 14-Jun-01, to lugnet.robotics.vc)

  Re: Dual Vision Command Controll

Yeah, I was lucky enough last Christmas to confuse my wife enough to get me the Lego Movie Studio set and the Vision Command set. Since my laptop only has one USB port I had to wait until I got a USB hub before I could connect both cameras. So far I (...) (23 years ago, 14-Jun-01, to lugnet.robotics.vc)

  Re: Dual Vision Command Controll

Interesting, I was wondering, plus with Two VC's mounted in the head of the Robot, I need all the help on interfaces that I can get! (URL) so you have two VC Cams too? (...) (23 years ago, 14-Jun-01, to lugnet.robotics.vc)

  Re: Dual Vision Command Controll

Well I tried it and it doesn't work they I thought is would. The Logitech SDK does not allow multiple simultaneous independent video streams. The documentation states that each instance of a video portal will share the same camera. So to view (...) (23 years ago, 14-Jun-01, to lugnet.robotics.vc)

  using VC with windows 2000

Hi! Is there a way to use the system with windows 2000? Even though it is not supported by LEGO, maybe something can be done with the logitech w2k drivers for the cam? I know this question was posted before, but it wasn't answered then. thanks! Gila (...) (23 years ago, 21-Apr-01, to lugnet.robotics.vc)

  Re: was (RCX+PC=Rubik's Cube Solver) RCX & VC

Hi, Rainer - I too disagree with some points you mention: (...) but it's not out of the box and I'm a purist. (...) box, I'm a purist. Also, are you saying that while VC operates slot 5, it can activate (let's say) slot 4 and run the two programs (...) (23 years ago, 20-Apr-01, to lugnet.robotics.vc, lugnet.build.mecha)

  Re: was (RCX+PC=Rubik's Cube Solver) RCX & VC

Hi Eric, I disagree in some points. (...) Please notice, that you can build your own vision templates. (URL)The RCX cannot run normal RCX (...) That's not true ! The VC software downloads a little program (myprog.txt) to your RCX. This little (...) (23 years ago, 20-Apr-01, to lugnet.robotics.vc)

  Re: Wireless replacement for USB cable

(...) the (...) to (...) (23 years ago, 18-Apr-01, to lugnet.robotics.vc)

  Wireless replacement for USB cable

I would like to create a VC robot that is not limited by the legnth of the USB cable. Does anyone sell a wireless product that could replace the annoying cable? Can I setup one of those X10 wireless cameras to work with VC instead of the LEGO CAM (...) (23 years ago, 18-Apr-01, to lugnet.robotics.vc)

  Wireless replacement for USB cable

I would like to create a VC robot that is not limited by the legnth of the USB cable. Does anyone sell a wireless product that could replace the annoying cable? Can I setup one of those X10 wireless cameras to work with VC instead of the LEGO CAM (...) (23 years ago, 18-Apr-01, to lugnet.robotics.vc)

  Wireless replacement for USB cable

I would like to create a VC robot that is not limited by the legnth of the USB cable. Does anyone sell a wireless product that could replace the annoying cable? Can I setup one of those X10 wireless cameras to work with VC instead of the LEGO CAM (...) (23 years ago, 18-Apr-01, to lugnet.robotics.vc)

  VC and RIS

Hi, I wonder if there is someone out there who has got VC to work with the RCX without installing RIS. I have RIS but never programs in RCX Code, I use NQC. I have been mixing some with the VCS.ini file in the VC directory, but I dont get it to (...) (23 years ago, 15-Apr-01, to lugnet.robotics.vc)

  RE: Can VC be used without PC?

No it can't. VC needs to be connected to an USB enabled device for image input/capture and power source with relatively fast processing power for image processing and with a serial port (RS-232 for RIS 1.0 and 1.5 or USB for RIS 2.0) for RCX (...) (23 years ago, 5-Apr-01, to lugnet.robotics.vc)

  Re: Can VC be used without PC?

Hi Zhengrong, NO ! The VC Camera is nothing else but a logitech web cam in a lego style cabinet. It uses the USB port of your PC and can't be used without a Computer. Rainer (...) (23 years ago, 5-Apr-01, to lugnet.robotics.vc)

  Can VC be used without PC?

I got VC today, but I haven't time to use it. I want to know if VC can be used as a smart sensor without PC? (23 years ago, 5-Apr-01, to lugnet.robotics.vc)

  Re: Dual Vision Command Controll

Hmmmm, gonna try it! (...) (23 years ago, 5-Apr-01, to lugnet.robotics.vc)

  Re: Dual Vision Command Controll

Hi Eric, i did not try this yet, but the logitech SDK should support this ! (URL) you downloaded the SDK you'll find a sample called HydraQC. This sample demonstrates the use of several (6 i guess) cameras at once. Rainer (...) (23 years ago, 4-Apr-01, to lugnet.robotics.vc)

  Dual Vision Command Controll

Anybody successfully incorporate two Vision Command sensor/cams to one PC? There are alot of in's and out's to doing this...I have ideas (and the need) but I want some feed back before discussing it. Anybody got two connected to one (...) (23 years ago, 4-Apr-01, to lugnet.robotics.vc)

  Re: legocam as alternative input device

(...) The only idea I have about that is to write your own virtual serial port to which the VC software points and capture the commands normally send to an RCX. (Is it worth it ?) But if you have the knowledge to do this, you should try the logitech (...) (23 years ago, 1-Apr-01, to lugnet.robotics.vc)

  Re: Vision Command software vs. Moviemaker software

richard marchetti <blueofnoon@aol.com> wrote in message news:GB1znv.91J@lugnet.com... (...) one (...) The VC "Camera" software is pretty basic, but works for both still images and animation. The biggest problem you'll have is editing. It doesn't (...) (23 years ago, 31-Mar-01, to lugnet.robotics.vc)

  legocam as alternative input device

Does anyone know how to use the legocam/vision command software as an alternative input device, say for a game? I want to have the hotspots emulate keyboard actions to control something else (not part of the lego package), for example movement in (...) (23 years ago, 31-Mar-01, to lugnet.robotics.vc)

  Vision Command software vs. Moviemaker software

Hey Y'all: My question is a fundamental one -- are there advantages to using either one of the software packages that come with the Lego digital camera, or is it better to simply use some other third pary software? I am using Win 95/98/ME, and I am (...) (23 years ago, 31-Mar-01, to lugnet.robotics.vc)

  RE: Bad image quality

Olá Alberto :) PICTURES/SNAPSHOTS: Try to use the camera in a *very well* illuminated room/environment. From my experience with the VC, the quality (quantity?) of lighting is very important to get better picture, after *manually* adjusting the focus (...) (23 years ago, 23-Mar-01, to lugnet.robotics.vc)

  Re: Help me - Vision command with windows millenium. & another question

"Alan Carmack" <amenpage@earthlink.net> wrote in message news:004e01c0a5d6$76...jgb6b01... (...) videos (...) us (...) I use the Windows Movie Maker utility that came with ME, it seems to work OK although there are no format options. I'm looking for (...) (23 years ago, 14-Mar-01, to lugnet.robotics.vc, lugnet.robotics.rcx)

Ok thank you That was a bad CDRom and Lego has exchange it. Everything is working fine Bye Damien Duquennoy <dduquenn@club-internet.fr> a écrit dans le message : G9qv6q.2vn@lugnet.com... (...) (23 years ago, 13-Mar-01, to lugnet.robotics.vc, lugnet.robotics.rcx)

  Re: Help me - Vision command with windows millenium. & another question

I have a Dell Pentium III 833 and my copy of Vision Command works fine on Windows ME. But my question about VC is whether one is limited to making 1 minute videos with it. My son and I were making some videos today and the software cut us off at (...) (23 years ago, 6-Mar-01, to lugnet.robotics.vc, lugnet.robotics.rcx)

  Re: Help me - Vision command with windows millenium.

Are you saying that it does not work with Millenium? When I wrote a review for VC for Robot Science and Technology magazine, LEGO said they expected it would work with ME. I haven't heard anybody say otherwise. "Damien Duquennoy" (...) (23 years ago, 5-Mar-01, to lugnet.robotics.vc, lugnet.robotics.rcx)

  Help me - Vision command with windows millenium.

Hello, A swiss guy mail me to ask for help, but he doesn't speak in english... He wants to use Vision command with Windows Millenium. Does someone try to do so, is there some solution ? Thanks in advance for your help. Damien -- Damien et Nathalie (...) (23 years ago, 5-Mar-01, to lugnet.robotics.vc, lugnet.robotics.rcx)

  Re: Bad image quality

"Alberto Lopez" <alberto_lopez@iname.com> wrote in message news:G9J7yF.E76@lugnet.com... (...) ? I suppose I should ask the stupid question first. You do realize that you have to manually focus the camera? It is the rubber ring around the lens. (...) (23 years ago, 1-Mar-01, to lugnet.robotics.vc)

  Bad image quality

Hello everyone. I'm writting from spain so sorry if I write a bad english. ;-) I have installed correctly the software and camera. I haven't had any problem. However I obtain bad quality. (I have yet checked the point of 50 Hz). The image is not (...) (23 years ago, 1-Mar-01, to lugnet.robotics.vc)

  Extended Vision Command

Hello All, To everyone who is interested, I extended the Lego Vision Command Camera. Now I can see "something" even in complete darkness. Have a look at (2 URLs) if you want to chose between german or english) Rainer (23 years ago, 28-Feb-01, to lugnet.robotics.vc)

  Re: VC vs Studio cam question

Jan Nouza <jan.nouza@vslib.cz> wrote in message news:G9DG0s.HwI@lugnet.com... (...) and (...) cam (...) I haven't seen any noise effects from the Studios camera when close to motors. Personally I think they used the fancy clear shielded cable just (...) (23 years ago, 27-Feb-01, to lugnet.robotics.vc)

  Re: VC vs Studio cam question

Those who built moving applications with the VC cam know that the very stiff cable complicates the design and limits practical usage. My opinion is that the LEGO added this heavy cable in order to avoid interference with elmag noise produced by (...) (23 years ago, 26-Feb-01, to lugnet.robotics.vc)

  Re: Problems by using VC as a smart sensor

Hi Maze, (...) The software only sends a message if a region gets active and not if a region gets inactive ! Try something like this: switch (message) { case 1 : OnFwd(Motor_Left); OnFwd(Motor_Right); Wait(10); // let the motors turn a while break; (...) (23 years ago, 24-Feb-01, to lugnet.robotics.vc)

  Problems by using VC as a smart sensor

Hello everybody, I want that my robot goes ahead, ONLY as long as the first region is active. and goes left ONLY when the second is active, goes right ONLY when 3th is active and goes back ONLY as long as the 4th is active. But it dosent functure. (...) (23 years ago, 24-Feb-01, to lugnet.robotics.vc)

  Re: vision command with Visual Basic

I think you are looking for the Wauters Kris ActiveX software: (URL) Rojas" <ge-rojas@uniandes.edu.co> wrote in message news:G91ByF.JGz@lugnet.com... (...) (23 years ago, 20-Feb-01, to lugnet.robotics.vc)

  vision command with Visual Basic

Hi!! any know when i can to see any code example to program the vision command with Visual Basic? thanks!!! (23 years ago, 20-Feb-01, to lugnet.robotics.vc)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact