 Robotics / Vision Command / 104
Re: Problems by using VC as a smart sensor
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics.vc
Date:
Sat, 24 Feb 2001 14:36:07 GMT

Hi Maze,

In lugnet.robotics.vc, Mathias Hohm writes:
Hello everybody,
I want that my robot goes ahead, ONLY as long as the first region is active.
and goes left ONLY when the second is active, goes right ONLY when 3th is
active and goes back ONLY as long as the 4th is active.
But it dosent functure. I´ve modyfid the spin left macro as discribed
and wrote  programms for the slots . But the motors didn´t stop, after the
region was inactive.

The software only sends a message if a region gets active and not if a
region gets inactive !

Try something like this:

switch (message) {
   case 1 :
                    OnFwd(Motor_Left);
                    OnFwd(Motor_Right);
                    Wait(10);             // let the motors turn a while
                    break;
   case 2 :
                    OnFwd(Motor_Left);
                    Off(Motor_Right);
                    Wait(10);             // let the motors turn a while
                    break;
   case 3 :
                    Off(Motor_Left);
                    OnFwd(Motor_Right);
                    Wait(10);             // let the motors turn a while
                    break;
   default :
                    Off(Motor_Left);
                    Off(Motor_Right);
                    break;
}

that won't bring a smooth driving, but should work.

For that you need to change my litlle task :

task Read_VC_Messages ()
{
  ClearMessage();
  while (true)
  {
     global_message = Message();
     Wait(10); // don't know if necessary ?!?
     ClearMessage();
   }
}

This has (different to the task I previous posted) global_message = 0 if no
message was received. That means NONE of the regions is active.

I´ve tried the programms posted by Rainer, but it was
the same. I think the problems are the massages sent by VC to the RCX. But
I´m not sure.
Is there anybody who can help?
Please post me the right programming.
Maze

If you've still got problems, please send me your source, and I'll have a
look at it.

Hope that helps,

Rainer