 Robotics / Spybotics / *126 (-20)
  Re: Controller channels

Happy New Year! "Mark Ferris" <markdf2001@yahoo.com> schrieb im Newsbeitrag news:cmg41vg5glds3ci...4ax.com... (...) We had a roadshow in town and they ran some "battle" with the 4 different spybots at the same time. I think they covered one of the (...) (22 years ago, 1-Jan-03, to lugnet.robotics.spybotics)

  Re: RCX remote and Spybotics

Happy New Year! (again) "Mark Ferris" <markdf2001@yahoo.com> schrieb im Newsbeitrag news:dpg41vcgltkjmnk...4ax.com... (...) A lot of infrared "in the air" certainly conflicts, because there are no IR-channels. A pair LED and transistor work in a (...) (22 years ago, 1-Jan-03, to lugnet.robotics.spybotics, lugnet.robotics.rcx)

  RCX remote and Spybotics

Will the RCX remote control conflict with the IR signals from the Spybotics controller? I don't have a remote control, but I'd like to get one for my RCX so I can build my own style bot to compete with my kids, but I want to make sure my remote will (...) (22 years ago, 1-Jan-03, to lugnet.robotics.spybotics, lugnet.robotics.rcx)

  Controller channels

Is it possible to have 4 independent Spybots at one time? The literature I've read talks about channels 1-3 on the remote and Lego's own FAQ only gives instructions for setting channels 1-3. This is probably my answer, but I'm looking for solutions (...) (22 years ago, 1-Jan-03, to lugnet.robotics.spybotics)

  Re: Packaging!

Yes, to my amazement, both the Manas and Spybotics were packaged in this manner (in the U.S. at least). I can't fathom what on Earth they were thinking when they came up with this packaging scheme. The controllers that came with the Manas were badly (...) (22 years ago, 27-Dec-02, to lugnet.robotics.spybotics, lugnet.lego)

  Packaging!

Merry Xmas! We just unpacked a spybotic and some other LEGO. I am really upset about the way LEGO is packaging new stuff. We have a box here, with loose content, just filling 1/3 of the box. The "expensive" devices not even packed in some (...) (22 years ago, 25-Dec-02, to lugnet.robotics.spybotics)

  Re: RCX/Spybotics/Scout communication

(...) Spybotics uses a new IR protocol for communication between Spybotics devices, but the IR is also has user-configurable and can send RCX-style messages. Here is a sample program that sends messages from Spybotics to an RCX (or Scout): (URL) (...) (22 years ago, 26-Dec-02, to lugnet.robotics.spybotics, lugnet.robotics.rcx, lugnet.robotics.scout)

  Re: RCX/Spybotics/Scout communication

(...) With the latest release of Brixcc, you have the ability to control the spybot. I sent commands to the spybot from Bricxx, but havent' gotten to the point of actually sending commands from the RCX to the Spybot--been a little busy lately. That (...) (22 years ago, 24-Dec-02, to lugnet.robotics.spybotics, lugnet.robotics.rcx, lugnet.robotics.scout)

  Re: RCX/Spybotics/Scout communication

(...) I'm no expert here, but I hate to see questions go unanswered. I believe you can use the same NQC commands to send messages to and from the spybot as used in the standard RCX. (22 years ago, 24-Dec-02, to lugnet.robotics.spybotics, lugnet.robotics.rcx, lugnet.robotics.scout)

  RCX/Spybotics/Scout communication

Having read the messages in the various newsgoups, I must admit I'm a little puzzled. I've seen a lot of discussion about IR communication, but I don't think I have a straight answer. I have an RCX, a Scout, and some Spybotics under the Christmas (...) (22 years ago, 23-Dec-02, to lugnet.robotics.spybotics, lugnet.robotics.rcx, lugnet.robotics.scout)

  Re: Spybotics Comms

(...) I haven't tried it, so no definite answer, but see (URL) Jürgen Stuber <stuber@loria.fr> (URL) åa ä e ö å i öa ä e å. (22 years ago, 12-Dec-02, to lugnet.robotics.spybotics)

  Re: Spybotics Comms

(...) Sorry, think I have mixed some things up. People from the Lego hotline told me the ir-interface of the RIS 2.0 RCX has been changed and communication to a spybot is not possible. Are these changes only because of the usb-tower and do they have (...) (22 years ago, 11-Dec-02, to lugnet.robotics.spybotics)

  Re: Spybotics Comms

(...) You already have an RCX 2.0. Aside from printing "RCX 2.0" on the plastic, the RCX in RIS 2.0 is identical to the one included in RIS 1.5. Since you have downloaded the 2.0 firmware, you should be all set. Dave (22 years ago, 11-Dec-02, to lugnet.robotics.spybotics)

  Re: Spybotics Comms

(...) Hi Mark, am I right, all you have described above only works with a RCX2.0-hardware cause of the changed IR-interface? Is there any chance to communicate between Spybot and RCX1.5 (with 2.0 firmware)? If there is no, I will have to buy a (...) (22 years ago, 10-Dec-02, to lugnet.robotics.spybotics)

  Spybotics Book

I just received my copies of the Spybotic book, LEGO Spybotics Secret Agent Training Manual (I did the tech edit--shameless plug). I'm very impressed with the finished version! Ralph, you did a great job getting it all in there--it looks neat, and (...) (22 years ago, 8-Dec-02, to lugnet.robotics.spybotics, lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Spybotics out of stock at Amazon?

All, It looks like Spybots are out of stock at Amazon. Actually, the message says "Out of stock or discontinued" Either they are selling like hotcakes and they ARE out of stock or... By the way, the owner of the independent toy store in my small (...) (22 years ago, 24-Nov-02, to lugnet.robotics.spybotics)

  Spybots IR Comm

Hi, I buyed a Spybot short time ago and started to try programming it with BricxCC and NQC. From the software included in the spybot-package I know, that spybots can send IR messages to each other in order to get the other bots´ position. My (...) (22 years ago, 21-Nov-02, to lugnet.robotics.spybotics)

  Re: BricxCC release 3.3.6.5 - BrickOS support

(...) <snip> How does the Spybotics book look? Is it as you hoped? I'm looking forward to getting my hands on a copy--may have to drive to Owen Sound just so I can see it! No SCUBA diving in November, probably not too much in Dec. either--maybe next (...) (22 years ago, 19-Nov-02, to lugnet.robotics, lugnet.robotics.spybotics)

  RE: BricxCC release 3.3.6.5 - BrickOS support

Steve, Would you be interested in posting some of this code? My new SPybotics book has a companion website, but it's kinda oriented towards kids (the book, that is) The site will have stuff for kids but I'd like to have some examples and support for (...) (22 years ago, 19-Nov-02, to lugnet.robotics, lugnet.robotics.spybotics)

  Spybotics Book Sample Chapter at BimP

All, Steven Combs has been kind enough to put a sample chapter of my new Spybotics book up at BimP. Here's the link: (URL) Note, you may need to scroll down as more news gets added... Cheers, Ralph ---...--- Buy "LEGO Spybotics Secret Agent Training (...) (22 years ago, 6-Nov-02, to lugnet.robotics.spybotics, lugnet.robotics) !!

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact