 Robotics / RCX / NQC / 351
Re: NQC wishlist
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics.rcx.nqc
Date:
Fri, 7 Jan 2000 03:31:39 GMT

In article <FnwsJJ.n35@lugnet.com>, "Ben Jackson" <ben@ben.com> wrote:

BTW, I almost always type SetDisplay() first and usually get as far as
compiling it once before I remember the incongruity...

The inconguity was intentional.  I was going to call it SetDisplay(), but
then it seemed like:

SetDisplay(1)

should set the display to show the value 1.  I felt that "select" did a
better job conveying the fact that there are 7 different display modes and
you select one of them.

I'm not saying that this is a "great" argument, or that the naming is
ideal...just that there was at least some thinking behind it.  What I'd
really like is a bytecode to allow us to do a real SetDisplay()!

Dave Baum

--
reply to: dbaum at enteract dot com