 Robotics / RCX / NQC / 242
241  |  243
Subject:
NQC wishlist
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics.rcx.nqc
Date:
Mon, 22 Nov 1999 08:39:51 GMT

I am not sure if there is such a wishlist... I remember there was a "call for
wishes" for RxCC...

The biggest problem with the standard firmware is the small amount of
variables. Since not every use of a variable will use all 16 bits, I think it
would be neat to include in the language a way to specify how many bits to be
used for a variable, and automatically handle all bit allocations and
operations. Right now it is rather tedious to use lots of macros and keep track
of which bit means what... I think many people will appreciate this.

Another thing to do might be introducing arrays - it's a similar handling, only
in the other direction ;-)

Of course, I know it's not the easiest problem to solve, and if Dave needs help
I can try to contribute.

/Vlad