 Robotics / RCX / NQC / 323
Re: NQC wishlist
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics.rcx.nqc
Date:
Tue, 4 Jan 2000 14:02:07 GMT

In lugnet.robotics.rcx.nqc, Dave Baum writes:
A switch statment will be added pretty soon.  The variable stuff is on
hold for the moment.  I'm holding off on the booleans until I work out a
better strategy for variable allocation and code generation in general.

I am sure more people than me are looking forward to that!

About the "smaller" integer variables, I have put together a couple of macros
that simulate an array of packed "small" integers, any bit size works, but
power-of-2 sizes do not waste space. Because there is no support from the
compiler, there are things to be adjusted manually, but it works (even if it's
not very fast or pretty *s*)

I will post the code in a few days, once I get my PC at home running.

*Another wish* (maybe was already suggested?): a more powerful macro facility.
What I could use is the ## operator for textual concatenation...

/Vlad