 Robotics / RCX / legOS / 2393
Re: Proposals, Bug Fixes, etc and tracking them with SourceForge
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos
Date:
Sun, 24 Mar 2002 07:58:33 GMT

I read over the proposed release changes for 0.2.6, just a few ideas.

I recently picked up a second RCX and found it quite difficult to do
development using legOS on two RCXs.  I might just be missing something, but I
had to maintain two seperate copies of the legOS tree, one for each RCX.  This
was so they could have different LNP ids.  Is there an easier way around this?
It seems that when you compile a user program in needs to link against a symbol
map?  And this map can differ between builds, and you need differnet bulds to
assign different LNP ids.  In any case I thought this should be something we
could address in the build process, or as some have suggested make a way for to
change the RCX lnp address outside of the kernel compile stage.

Also the release change notes mentioned adding support for third party
sensors.  I've written LegOS user space drivers for a couple 3rd party sensors
i've purchached.  If there is interest I could polish them up for possible
inclusion.

The senors I've written drivers for are:

swmux - techno-stuff.com, this sensor has nine states, driver makes it easier
to decode
dirpd - techno-stuff.com, simple translation (left, right, center, none, error)
active mux - mindsensors.com, complex driver for active multiplexor.  I've
mentioned this before, and will shut up about it now :)

mark