 Robotics / RCX / legOS / 2382
Re: Proposals, Bug Fixes, etc and tracking them with SourceForge
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos
Date:
Fri, 22 Mar 2002 06:04:05 GMT
Highlighted:
(details)

Mark,

In lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos, Mark Meytin writes:
He also made a call for new volunteers, and listed
what's required of one (not that much really).  I think
that once a person will come forward, a lot of the things
that you mention will be resolved.  Unfortunately, I am not
in the position right now to do it - anyone else is
willing to step forward?

I'm the Debian GNU/Linux Maintainer for legOS and am a current member of the
sourceforge legOS project.  I've been talking with Luis (albeit, given his
response times it feels rather one sided [to be fair he said this would
happen...] ;-) about coordinating this next release.  I've been tracking the
RFC for 0.2.6 and responses and i've accumulated 7 or so patch sets from the
posts and from patches filed at sorceforge.  I'm studying the patches now
and am setting up to do the patch merge.  There's a lot more to say about
all of this (poss. name change, patch incorporation, doc upgrades, etc.) but
let me stop, for now, at simply saying I'm volunteering to coordinate this
next release.  I'll get into more detail in a separate posting. I am
currently waiting to be given admin privs. at the legos sourceforge project.

I look forward to hearing of interest in the next release and of course
welcome suggestions for content and offers to help !!

You can reach me by posting here or via my contact info below.  I hope this
helps spur our renewed interest in legOS (or name TBD :)

Regards,
Stephen
--
Stephen M Moraco
stephen@debian.org

FYI- did you know that on a Debian Linux box that
   'apt-get install legos' is all you need to do
   to install legos, gcc and binutils?  Then copy
   a Makefile write your C/C++ code type make and
   then download...  (unfortunately, a well kept secret?)