 Robotics / RCX / legOS / 2051
Re: LegOS forced to use another name?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos
Date:
Mon, 10 Sep 2001 05:05:21 GMT

In lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos, Mark Sandlin writes:
Ross Crawford at rcrawford@csi.com wrote:

Article here:

http://www.business2.com/articles/mag/0,1640,16981,FF.html

says TLC may be talking to Marcus Noga about his use of "LegOS" for the
open-source operating system for the Mindstorms RCX (see last page). I can • see
their point. Personally, I think "NogOS" has a bit of a ring to it 8?)

What does everyone else think?

Hmmm, does this mean they're acknowledging that people call them "legos"  ?

I think it's similar enough to LEGO that they'd have had a reasonable case if
they'd fought it earlier. But now it's debatable whether they'd have any case
at all.

ROSCO (IANAL)