 Robotics / RCX / legOS / 2052
Re: EmuLegOs lives again
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos
Date:
Mon, 10 Sep 2001 04:03:22 GMT

This /rocks/. Hopefully I'll update the Lego and legOS HOWTOs to point to this
soon.
Luis

In lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos, Mark Falco writes:
EmuLegOs now supports LegOS 0.2.4 API

Those who have been on the list for awhile may remember the LegOS emulator
EmuLegOs, which lets you run and debug your LegOS programs on your PC.  It had
not been actively maintained since LegOS 0.1.x.  I've started working on the
project again and now have it tracking 0.2.x (currently 0.2.4).  I've created a
project for it at SourceForge http://sourceforge.net/projects/emulegos/
Documentation for the new version is in the works but the old docs at
http://www.geocities.com/~marioferrari/emulegos.html are still mostly valid.
Check out the README file for details on the new build process, and the changes
that need to be made to your bot code so that it can run under the emulator.

Currently only Linux/Unix is supported but porting back to Windows should be
easy.  I will get around to this soon hopefully.  If anyone is intersted in
doing the port you can contact me for details.

This version of EmuLegOS supports all the user level APIs covered in the LegOS
command reference http://legos.sourceforge.net/docs/CommandRef.html including
LNP support so multiple emulated robots can communicate with each other or with
real robots.  Additionally other portions of the LegOS API are supported which
are not covered by the command reference.  I will continue to add support for
the more obsure features as I need them, or as they are requested.

In any case I hope others will find the emulator as usefull as I have.

Thanks go to Mario Ferrari and Marco Beri for their work in creating the
original version of EmuLegOS.

Mark Falco