 Robotics / RCX / legOS / 2044
Re: LegOS forced to use another name?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos, lugnet.robotics.rcx, lugnet.general, lugnet.mediawatch
Date:
Mon, 10 Sep 2001 00:59:59 GMT

Having registered legOS.sourceforge.net (on Markus's word that TLG had
given him permission to use the name), having run the last release of
legOS, and having not heard anything from TLG myself, I can say that
there are no plans in this corner of the world to change any of the
information on legOS.sourceforge.net (including the information in the
official 0.2.5 release files) until I've actually heard from TLG. So
far, that hasn't happened, so nothing is changing.

I'll note, for the record, that TLG has been aware of legOS for 2 1/2
years without having ever publicly complained about it. I guess that's
what irritates me about this. They've had plenty of time to complain
about this before now.

Luis

In lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos, Ross Crawford writes:
Article here:

http://www.business2.com/articles/mag/0,1640,16981,FF.html

says TLC may be talking to Marcus Noga about his use of "LegOS" for the
open-source operating system for the Mindstorms RCX (see last page). I can see
their point. Personally, I think "NogOS" has a bit of a ring to it 8?)

What does everyone else think?

ROSCO

PS: Not sure I like being referred to as a "hard-core gadget freak" (p4)
PPS: follow-ups to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos