 Robotics / RCX / legOS / 2048
Re: LegOS forced to use another name?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos
Date:
Mon, 10 Sep 2001 04:31:45 GMT

In lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos, Ka-On Lee writes:
That article is just full of you-know-what.

You ain't just whistlin' Dixie here Ka-On...

Off-topic time:

Typical "Time Magazine type" twist on the story here...I hate reading Time
because every story seems to be written with an antagonistic bent, trying to
stir up trouble, instead of informing and enlightening.

When I learned in the last issue of Business 2.0 that Imagine had sold the
magazine to Time, I knew this would happen. They proved it in the September
issue, and it's obviously true of the October...an example:

"Even as Noga continues to taunt Lego with a free Mindstorms operating
system he mischievously calls LegOS, company executives are wrestling with
an almost existential question: To sue, or not to sue? "

Did you know that Markus was "taunting" LEGO? I thought TLC was cool with
the name and the product...and that LegOS was only adding to TLC's sales of
MindStorms prduct...how dare he!

Imagine kept Business 2.0 funny, informative and cool...Time is now making
it just another rag. Dagnabit! I certainly will not be renewing the
subscription, and may just need to check how many issues I have left that I
could get a refund on...

Matt (who has no idea where to post this to, so I'll just leave it in this
thread...pardon my off-topic-ness)