 Robotics / RCX / legOS / 2041
Re: LegOS forced to use another name?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos
Date:
Mon, 10 Sep 2001 01:38:34 GMT

They can't possibly do that.  According to many published accounts,
TLC explicitly says that their product is not to be referred to
as "legos" but rather as "LEGO brand building bricks".  Therefore,
TLC has given up rights to the use of the word "legos"!
I mean, if I call a new software title "Wazoo", could TLC issue a statement
saying that their bricks are not to be called "Wazoo" and then
shut me down for infringing on what the bricks should _not_ be
called?
Personally, I'd threaten to change the name to "MegeblokOS" and
see what happens.
-gyug, who is obviously NOT a lawyer.

In lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos, Ross Crawford writes:
says TLC may be talking to Marcus Noga about his use of "LegOS" for the
open-source operating system for the Mindstorms RCX (see last page). I can see
their point. Personally, I think "NogOS" has a bit of a ring to it 8?)

What does everyone else think?

ROSCO

PS: Not sure I like being referred to as a "hard-core gadget freak" (p4)
PPS: follow-ups to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos