 Robotics / RCX / legOS / 2056
Re: LegOS forced to use another name?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos, lugnet.robotics.rcx, lugnet.general, lugnet.mediawatch
Date:
Mon, 10 Sep 2001 09:58:36 GMT

"Ross Crawford" <rcrawford@csi.com> writes:

http://www.business2.com/articles/mag/0,1640,16981,FF.html

says TLC may be talking to Marcus Noga about his use of "LegOS" for the
open-source operating system for the Mindstorms RCX (see last page).
I can see their point.
Personally, I think "NogOS" has a bit of a ring to it 8?)

What does everyone else think?

I think this is speculation by the author of the article.

Apart from the issue about names and trademarks,
for me this article shows an extremely irritating attitude
towards customers, sue people as soon as they use something
in a different way than the manufacturer thought?
The most irritating is that this is presented as the standard
procedure to follow.

Jürgen

--
Jürgen Stuber <stuber@loria.fr>