 Robotics / RCX / legOS / 2040
RE: LegOS forced to use another name?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos, lugnet.robotics.rcx, lugnet.robotics.rcx.pbforth
Date:
Mon, 10 Sep 2001 01:12:59 GMT

Ross crawford points to:

http://www.business2.com/articles/mag/0,1640,16981,FF.html

says TLC may be talking to Marcus Noga about his use of "LegOS" for the
open-source operating system for the Mindstorms RCX (see last
page). I can see
their point. Personally, I think "NogOS" has a bit of a ring to it 8?)

I can see their point too. As long as it's only about the
name then I can't see anyone getting too upset. It's just
a name, after all.

But if it's about the replacement firmware, then I have more to worry
about. So do the supporters of leJOS, users of Kekoa's minimal run-time
library, and anyone using gcc tools to program their bots.

I'm going to sit back for a bit and see what happens. If anyone
at TLG is reading this (and I'm sure you are) please contact
me via email to confirm or deny the story.

I have a major new release of pbForth in the pipes, but now I'm
worried that any time I spend on it will be fruitless....

Cheers, Ralph Hempel - P.Eng

<http://www.hempeldesigngroup.com/lego/pbForth>

Buy "Extreme Mindstorms: an Advanced Guide to Lego Mindstorms"
<http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/ASIN/1893115844/hempeldesigngrou>
Reply to:      rhempel at bmts dot com