 Robotics / RCX / legOS / 2039
Re: RCX 3.0 and legOS 1.2.4
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics.rcx, lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos
Date:
Sun, 9 Sep 2001 23:54:21 GMT

In lugnet.robotics.rcx, Zhengrong Zang writes:
LEGO company will release RCX 3.0 at the end of next year, it will have 6
input port and 6 output port, 20x200 dots LCD, CPU is H8/3294 with 32K ROM
and 64K RAM, it has a power socket as RCX 1.0, and with a built-in speaker,
you can play wav or mid by this speaker. the size is 16x24 (it is 8x12
before RCX 2.0), the price will be $200 in USA.

legOS will be upgraded to 1.2.4 as soon as possible after RCX 3.0 released.

This was heard last night, from a strange person, I am not sure if it is
true, you can think it is a joking if you don't believe it.

Hmmmm. Sounds intrigueing. Call me a pessimist, but I'd be surprised if they
released a 3.0 so soon after 2.0. And the comment about LegOS is stranger,
given the article I just posted, and the fact that most of the developers are
right here, and nothing's been said!! And why 1.2.4? Why no just 1.0.0?

But it sounds like a pretty neat hardware configuration!! Let's lobby TLC!!!

ROSCO