 Robotics / RCX / legOS / 1275
Re: light sensor problem?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos
Date:
Mon, 24 Jul 2000 22:38:31 GMT

X millisecond is too late... :-)

Let me think about how to uncouple this from sys_time, so the code can
get higher resolutions.

That should be great! :-)

Actual legOS implementation already turn off active sensors if not in • use
or no program is run.

Yes, but even if all active sensors are turned of we are running
with a lot of CPU power due to the high sampling speed. If you lower
the sampling rate, the CPU will idle longer, thus save more power.

Absolutely True!!!! :-)

I also like your code, if only it could sample faster... :-(((

Let me sleep over this, and have my measurements done in our lab.
I am shure there is a solution with flexible sampling rate from
X ms range down to the 0.X ms range.

This could be made to default to most power saving (and apropriate
for many applications), but changeable by the user through some function
like ds_set_sampling_rate(XXX us).

I'm quite sure that you can do it!!!! :-) And this should be a real step
forward!!!!

What a beautiful thing to have some time to spend in this section of code...
:-) I'm now in a low free time period... :-)

Just waiting for your rewrite! :-)

Bye,
     Paolo.

---
"You look strong enough to pull the ears off a Gundark." - Han Solo