 Robotics / RCX / legOS / 1254
Re: light sensor problem?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos
Date:
Mon, 24 Jul 2000 00:23:49 GMT

On Mon, 24 Jul 2000, Paolo Masetti wrote:
That didn't help either, at least not a whole lot. So... maybe the problem
isn't in ds_handler(), but I can't figure out where else it could be.
Anyone? Or does everyone else just not care that the scaling is screwed
up?

I patched the reading routine in ds_handler to fix a vary bad behavier that
caused reading for active sensors to be quite random without a small
delay... Now with the settle time the reading is stable, but also changed in
values for different offsets... I've fixed rotation sensor values, but...

Oh! So readings are more stable, and it isn't just my imagination. That's
good to know :)

I've not fixed the scaling factor, because I can't figure why Markus used
these lines to define upper and lower limits for raw readings... I've also
asked for it but I got no reply as usual nowadays...

Those values used to pretty cleanly define max and min- or at least, they
must have, since I consistently got 15-105 values (or roughly what he
projected.)

Please, feel free to change, or investigate these values to fix light
reading...

Like I said, those values really were pegged to actual read values.
Something has occurred to change them. If it can't be fixed, that's fine.
It wouldn't be too hard to do a little math and make the values "correct."
(i.e., 0-100). However, it won't be nearly as fast as the X>>7 that used
to be used. So, I don't know which is the "correct" answer- to scale
(relatively slowly) or not to scale. What do other users/developers think?
Either way, I have to change documentation, so...
Luis

    "Summertime... and the living is easy...
    fish are jumping and the cotton is high...
    So hush, little baby, baby don't you cry."
-Ella