 Robotics / RCX / legOS / 1269
Re: light sensor problem?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos
Date:
Mon, 24 Jul 2000 15:42:06 GMT

To achive scaling of light sensor reading from 0..100 the following
theoretical formula should be used:

light = 146 - scaled / 7,

where scaled is the reading of AD_X >> 6.

I found this at http://www.plazaearth.com/usr/gasperi/lego.htm, this
page contains a lot of electrical background.

That's good.

Now I wonder about some other questions:

- Will it get the same value as the original firmware?
- Will be influenced by offset (eg. from battery voltage)?

In other words, do you think that the settle time is enough? I've tested some
different values for the delay, and small changes in reading occours.

Now going to the other discussion about implementation of ADC reading routine.

Bye,
            Paolo.
---
Murphy's Third Law: In any field of scientific endeavor, anything that can go
wrong will go wrong.