 Robotics / RCX / legOS / 1239
Re: light sensor problem?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos
Date:
Fri, 21 Jul 2000 06:29:43 GMT

Luis Villa  <liv@duke.edu> wrote:
Ok, so i'm supposed to be the guru, but I don't get it: all my light
sensors are currently showing a range of adjusted values between 60-310,
instead of the 20-110 that I'm used to seeing. The sensor is in active
mode (passive mode still shows roughly 220-280, as usual) so I'm sort of
at a loss as to why I'm not showing the value I'm used to. Anyone? Anyone?
Luis

In active mode, the value you read from the light sensor depends on how you
power the sensor and read the A/D converters.  In particular, the delay
from the time you turn off the power to the sensor to the time you do A/D
conversion matters.  Has somebody changed the sensor charge or A/D
conversion code, or is there any reason to think the conversion time has
changed?

I don't know how LegOS does A/D conversion anymore.  It used to charge and
read the sensors in a strange way, and I forget if all the sensors were
treated the same or not.  Do the readings change if you move the sensor
from port to port?

-Kekoa