 Robotics / RCX / legOS / 1293
Re: light sensor problem?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos
Date:
Tue, 25 Jul 2000 21:57:25 GMT

Those values used to pretty cleanly define max and min- or at least, they
must have, since I consistently got 15-105 values (or roughly what he
projected.)

I supposed so, but only to get a "fast scaling"?

Like I said, those values really were pegged to actual read values.
Something has occurred to change them. If it can't be fixed, that's fine.
It wouldn't be too hard to do a little math and make the values "correct."
(i.e., 0-100). However, it won't be nearly as fast as the X>>7 that used
to be used. So, I don't know which is the "correct" answer- to scale
(relatively slowly) or not to scale. What do other users/developers think?
Either way, I have to change documentation, so...

I can "rescale" those values by theoretical calculation and maintain >>7 or
make the right conversion (0-100).

Now I've done the right scaling (ready to commit), but I sincerely think
that absolute (%) values is quite relative working with light sensors, so I
should prefer the fastest >>7 version...

I need more opinions!!! :-)

Bye,
     Paolo.

---
An army of sheep led by a lion could easily defeat an army of lions led by a
sheep - Arab Proverb