 Robotics / RCX / legOS / 1294
Re: light sensor problem?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos
Date:
Wed, 26 Jul 2000 15:54:25 GMT

Ralph Hempel <rhempel@bmts.com> wrote:
As a side note, I wonder how the power to the LCD controller is managed.

Maybe this has something to do with it...

3692 = void init_port_6_bit_3 (void), nobody knows what port 6 bit 3 does

I remember wondering what port 6 bit 3 did and so I think I tried setting
it on and off and not noticing anything broken either way.  Maybe I didn't
test enough though.  Somebody might want to try repeating the experiment.
Some extra evidence is that nobody has ever had to set port 6 bit 3 to
anything special to get anything to work.

I'd like to be proven wrong about this though.  I'd like somebody to tell
me for sure what port 6 bit 3 does, even if on the RCX it does nothing.
Originally it must have done something, or the code wouldn't be there!

-Kekoa