 Robotics / RCX / legOS / 1075
Re: Very strange problems
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos
Date:
Sun, 21 May 2000 19:42:05 GMT

On Sun, 21 May 2000, Michael J Ash wrote:
On Sun, 21 May 2000, Luis Villa wrote:

Just that it is not pre-emptive. If you don't msleep() at the appropriate
places in your code, you'll never go back to the scheduler or the other
threads. This can come as a surprise, since you'll only notice it when
one thread never executes.
Luis

Ack! I knew that it was cooperative in the 0.1.x series, but I had thought
it was preemptive in 0.2.x. Drat. Well, I don't think it's a major problem
for me, since I call msleep() religiously, but it's something to look
into. Thanks.

I have not done large-scale "production" work with 0.2.x, really, so I
may be vastly incorrect. Ah-hah. The legOS homepage (at least) indicates
that you are correct. My fault for scaring people... sorry.
Luis

           "Going to California with an aching in my heart.
               Someone told me there's a girl out there
            with love in her eyes and flowers in her hair."
-Led Zeppelin, "Going to California"