 Robotics / RCX / legOS / 1064
Re: Very strange problems
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos
Date:
Sun, 21 May 2000 17:34:19 GMT

On Sun, 21 May 2000, Tobias Bende wrote:
I have emulegos, but I havn't much more than started it up. Do you know if
it can handle IR-communication between several RCXs?

I'm not sure- I don't think so, though. Someone else here may be able to
answer that much better than I can.

Luis

It seems that emulegos should be able to handle IR. However, it does not
use the lnp-functions that I use, so I presume it is designed to work with
an earlier version of legOS.

IIRC, it is 0.1.7, which used a completely different setup for the IR
communication.

Were earlier versions of legOS (I use version 0.2.3) less likely to cause
the RCX to lock up?

Unfortunately, no.

Another question for Luis. You said that you had to change in your
programs so they didn't hang the RCX. Did you ever experience that a
program that didn't hang the RCX the first couple of runs, later started
doing this?

You mean, unmodified? No, I don't think. I've seen lots of code that
worked, and then got "simplified" and then stopped working, but I don't
think I've seen unmodified code that suddenly stopped working. Is this
the GA code? Or something else?

BTW, the neural net code is very slow, since it requires floating point
emulation.

Luis

           "Going to California with an aching in my heart.
               Someone told me there's a girl out there
            with love in her eyes and flowers in her hair."
-Led Zeppelin, "Going to California"