 Robotics / RCX / legOS / 1059
Re: Very strange problems
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos
Date:
Sun, 21 May 2000 16:24:17 GMT

As far as I can tell, legOS has some really strange bugs. I've learned to
take it for granted that some programs (without warning) will just crash
and lock up the machine. This is unfortunate, but I've never found a
pattern to them so there is little to diagnose or debug. You just have to
re-write and move on.
Luis

That is really bad news. Since we are writing a genetic programming system
with six RCXs involved that communicate with each other, the programs tend
to get pretty long. Often things fail. Right now I have the problem that
if I save a program as a different name and change one variable in the
#define section (the ID for the RCX), the program stops working.

Tobias