 Robotics / RCX / legOS / 1070
Re: Very strange problems
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos
Date:
Sun, 21 May 2000 19:05:50 GMT

<snip lots of monkey talk :) >

The individuals recieve fitness. We will have a tailing wheel conncected
to a rotation sensor to register movement.

Distance of movement or consistency (i.e. always forward) or both for
fitness?

Probably movement since it is easier. Our fitness function may have to
change once we see the result though. GA tends to give you individuals
that cheat every chance they get :).

Sounds really cool. Good luck. I'm actually also very interested in the
mechanical design- please make sure to share pictures with all of us :)

It will be found at http://www.dd.chalmers.se/~f96tobe/AA/. Right now we
have our Braitenberg vehicle and our Sumo robot there.

Tobias