 Robotics / RCX / legOS / 1068
Re: Very strange problems
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos
Date:
Sun, 21 May 2000 18:43:40 GMT

On Sun, 21 May 2000, Tobias Bende wrote:
We haven't reached the GA part yet. Right now the idea is to work out a
communication protocol and then send a information back and fourth.

Please make sure to share this with us! IR continues to be legOS's
weakest point, and once someone works out a reliable way to do this,
it'll be extremely useful for many people.

We have not done anything to ensure that whatever is transmitted is
received correctly (i.e. without errors). What we have done is a build a
system which will work even if one (or several) of the RCXs are
temporarily blocked for some reason.

Redundancy is good :)

And
since the RCXs locked up we thought that there must be something wrong in
the programming.

Unfortunately, no (though if you are multi-threading, there may be some
issues there...)

Nope, no multi-threading.

Good. It's generally solid, but can cause some issues from time to time.

<snip lots of monkey talk :) >

The individuals recieve fitness. We will have a tailing wheel conncected
to a rotation sensor to register movement.

Distance of movement or consistency (i.e. always forward) or both for
fitness?

Sounds really cool. Good luck. I'm actually also very interested in the
mechanical design- please make sure to share pictures with all of us :)

Anyway, good luck...
Luis

           "Going to California with an aching in my heart.
               Someone told me there's a girl out there
            with love in her eyes and flowers in her hair."
-Led Zeppelin, "Going to California"