 Robotics / RCX / Search Results: usb to ris 1.x rcx ir how
 Results 61 – 80 of about 5300.
Search took 0.01 CPU seconds.

Messages:  Full | Brief | Compact

  Re: Control RoboSapein with IR-tower

(...) Doesn't Robolab have some way of starting external applications? You could possibly setup a PC with IR-tower, which would receive a message from RCX ((URL) - are the Robolab messages compatible with Mindstorms RIS? - I cannot find it (...) (19 years ago, 6-Jul-05, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

ris, rcx, ir
(score: 1.986)

  dll 'error deleting program' with briskOS-0.9.0

Hello, according to informations that brickOS is the most powerfull of all Mindstroms OS's, I have tried to start it. I work with a Linux 2.6 (Fedora Core 3). I have compiled it with rcx-egcs cross compiler C and C++ cross compilers (version 1.1.2) (...) (19 years ago, 19-Jun-05, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

usb, rcx, ir
(score: 1.982)

  brickOS-0.9 and 'error deleting program' message

I am new to Mindstorms, but not new to computer science. Anyway I am unable to load any program to the RCX robot using the dll. I have built the brickOS system using a egcs (v. 1.1.2) hitachi cross compiler on a Linux platform running the 2.6 (...) (19 years ago, 15-Jun-05, to lugnet.robotics.rcx)

usb, rcx, ir
(score: 1.981)

  Re: failure in communicaton between RCX & IR Tower

"Elizabeth Mabrey" <emabrey@storming-robots.com> wrote in message news:HoMq73.B9J@lugnet.com... (...) I (...) ceased (...) I (...) OK, I have the problem fixed. You may not like the remedy, but it worked lastnight flawlessly. Oh, and the PCMCIA USB (...) (21 years ago, 26-Nov-03, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.robolab)

usb, rcx, ir
(score: 1.967)

  downloading BrickOS firmware for first time

Hi all, I have built brickos 0.9.0 on Linux platform kernel 2.4.29. Brickos was successfully built with only C (no c++) support. My Lego is RCX2.0 and I am trying to download for first time the standard firmware. For connection with the RCX I am (...) (19 years ago, 17-May-05, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

usb, rcx, ir
(score: 1.967)

  Re: failure in communicaton between RCX & IR Tower

hi, all, I'm going to dig into my big cable/accessories bin to for my powered usb hub tonight. I don't have a pc-usb card though. Bob, please post if your test with the pc card work... -- thank you very much... E ===...=== (...) of (...) tower (...) (...) (21 years ago, 19-Nov-03, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.robolab)

usb, rcx, ir
(score: 1.963)

  Re: usb tower failed in XP!

Since this subject does not match the possible problem, I started a new thread to reflect the more accurate symptom "failure in communicaton between RCX & IR Tower" (21 years ago, 16-Oct-03, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.robolab)

usb, rcx, ir
(score: 1.963)

  Re: failure in communicaton between RCX & IR Tower

(...) This sounds identical to the situation described by Rob Hendrix in (URL) Anderson from LEGO suggested via email that the USB port may not be giving the tower sufficient current. Perhaps you could try a powered hub? John Hansen (21 years ago, 19-Nov-03, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.robolab)

usb, rcx, ir
(score: 1.962)

  Re: failure in communicaton between RCX & IR Tower

Hi, Nathan, I truly suspect that the issue is the Toshiba hardware of this particular laptop model. I have 3 Dell desktops, 3 laptops. They all have built in usb ports, either 2.0 or 1.0. They all work fine, with the identical setup up, even with (...) (21 years ago, 19-Nov-03, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.robolab)

usb, rcx, ir
(score: 1.962)

  Inexpensive portability

Hi all, (This is my first post in these groups so please redirect me if this is not the right group.) I do some minor dabbling with the RCX --- simple programs operating simple machines. I program in NQC via bricxcc on Windows XP with a USB IR (...) (19 years ago, 30-Apr-05, to lugnet.robotics, lugnet.robotics.rcx.nqc)

usb, rcx, ir
(score: 1.956)

  learning RoboLab (long)

The following learning resources apply to Lego Dacta's RoboLab "Mindstorms for Schools" programming software, version 2.5 where indicated, otherwise, earlier versions: 1. Dacta RoboLab Teacher's Guides Printed paper books. Detailed instructions for (...) (23 years ago, 8-Dec-01, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.robolab, lugnet.edu, lugnet.dacta, lugnet.books, lugnet.robotics.scout, lugnet.robotics.vll)

usb, ris, rcx, ir
(score: 1.954)

  failure in communicaton between RCX & IR Tower

PC: toshiba - P25 series model with four usb 2.0 ports, an bluetooth/wi-fi capability, w/ infrared port built in as well. IR Tower : usb RCX : 1.0 Symptom: - communication between the ir tower & laptop is fine... verified with the device manager - (...) (21 years ago, 16-Oct-03, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.robolab)

usb, rcx, ir
(score: 1.949)

  Re: failure in communicaton between RCX & IR Tower

I tested with the same installation, IR tower & rcx module with another laptop (by Dell) built with infrared port, wireless network card, but with no bluetooth built in. They work fine... The problem is more and more leaning over to hardware (...) (21 years ago, 17-Oct-03, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.robolab)

usb, rcx, ir
(score: 1.947)

  RE: IR Problems

RCX IR does not require direct line of sight. All sorts of reflections will work. Especially if you're in a "smallish" (bedroom, home office) room. The RCX firmware always has the IR turned off. "Wait for mail" and "send mail" is just a higher (...) (18 years ago, 2-Apr-07, to lugnet.robotics.rcx)

rcx, ir
(score: 1.944)

  Re: failure in communicaton between RCX & IR Tower

I may be stepping out on a limb, but have you tried reformatting the laptop that doesn't work? What about using NQC or the original Lego software to test and make sure its not RoboLab in combination with your laptop that is causing errors. Ok, (...) (21 years ago, 17-Oct-03, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.robolab)

usb, rcx, ir
(score: 1.942)

  IR Tower problems

I am trying to get nqc 3.1 r1 working on my Slackware 9.1 box using Linux kernel 2.6.11.2. When I plug the IR Tower into my USB port, it's recognized. This is what I get from dmesg: hub 2-0:1.0: state 5 ports 3 chg 0000 evt 0002 ohci_hcd (...) (20 years ago, 17-Mar-05, to lugnet.robotics.rcx)

usb, rcx, ir
(score: 1.935)

  usb & lnpd

Hi. I 've got a ris 2.0 with usb tower and about two weeks ago for the first time dll and firmdl work with legos 2.5 with instructions found at: (URL) tried with the patch legos-0.2.6-linux-us...stdl-sched with legos.0.2.6 but it don't work at all. (...) (21 years ago, 9-May-03, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

usb, ris, rcx, how
(score: 1.924)

  communication with USB on Linux

Hi, For some time I've been trying to get bi-directional communication using: - Slackware Linux 10.0 - leJOS 2.1.0 - USB IR-tower - RCX 2.0 So far I've managed to upload leJOS and the written software to the RCX. However, when I try to run the (...) (20 years ago, 12-Feb-05, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.java)

usb, rcx, ir
(score: 1.920)

  Re: IR-based proximity measurement

(...) You're welcome - it's a fun problem. At least partially because it's one of the few times I've had to worry about the speed of bytecode execution under the standard firmware (see below). (...) Given what you are transmitting and how you are (...) (18 years ago, 11-Jun-06, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.nqc)

rcx, ir, how
(score: 1.912)

  Re: IR-based proximity measurement

(...) Well, there were a couple of typos, but only one I found that was critical. If you are using a "max-picking LIDAR" method, you do *not* want to divide by the number of samples. The variable "eyeon" in your code should end up with the brightest (...) (18 years ago, 9-Jun-06, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.nqc)

rcx, ir, how
(score: 1.910)

More:  Next Page >>