 Robotics / RCX / legOS / 3909
3908  |  3910
Subject:
dll 'error deleting program' with briskOS-0.9.0
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos
Date:
Sun, 19 Jun 2005 11:31:07 GMT

Hello,

  according to informations that brickOS is the most powerfull of all Mindstroms
OS's, I have tried to start it.  I work with a Linux 2.6 (Fedora Core 3).  I
have compiled it with rcx-egcs cross compiler C and C++ cross compilers (version
1.1.2) with rcx-egcs binutils (version 2.9.5) (I could not find a newer version,
eg. 3.0, of the g++ cross compiler for hitachi).
  The system was downloaded successfully to the RCX 2.0 brick with firmdl3
program.  All ok up to this moment.  But I COULD NOT load ANY program with the
dll utility!  Each time I got an 'error deleting program' message.  The green
light shows up on the USB tower, but it seems that the RCX does not respond
correctly or at all, e.g.[igor@localhost brickos-0.9.0]$ dll -p1 -v
demo/helloworld.lx

C.P. Chan & Tyler Akins - USB IR Tower Mode for Linux.
opening tty...

LNP Initialized...
loader hostaddr=0x00 hostmask=0xf0 portmask=0x00

delete
#time 1726953816 00 try 0: ack:0

#time 760875 f1 83 try 1: ack:0

#time 760873 f5 try 2: ack:0

#time 760877 f5 d3 try 3: ack:0

#time 760879 ff try 4: ack:0
error deleting program

  I tried to switch off all possible sources of infrared light, anything, but
nothing helps.  It really seems that there is a problem with the USB
communication but affecting ONLY the dll utility, NOT the system download
firmdl3!  If firmdl3 works, but dll does not, then it seems, that the downloaded
(with firmdl3) brickOS (the brickOS.srec file) system does not recognise the lnp
protocol?

  Did any of you have similar problems?  I woud really like to hear from the
system developers - you surely must know something!

all the best,
/igor