 Robotics / RCX / legOS / 3911
Re: dll 'error deleting program' with briskOS-0.9.0
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos
Date:
Tue, 21 Jun 2005 14:17:47 GMT

In lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos, Igor Podolak wrote:

I work with a Linux 2.6 (Fedora Core 3).

[snip]
  The system was downloaded successfully to the RCX 2.0 brick with firmdl3
program.  All ok up to this moment.  But I COULD NOT load ANY program with the
dll utility!  Each time I got an 'error deleting program' message.

[snip]
the RCX does not respond
correctly or at all, e.g.[igor@localhost brickos-0.9.0]$ dll -p1 -v
demo/helloworld.lx

Igor,

I just got mine up and running this weekend under Debian
(thanks to apt-get / Synaptic).

Since you have already successfully loaded firmdl3
this may not be relevant but I had to setup
a legotower0 device.

sudo mknod /dev/usb/legotower0 c 180 160
sudo chmod 666 /dev/usb/legotower0
export RCXTTY=/dev/usb/legotower0
firmdl3 -f brickOS.srec

I believe that RCXTTY must be set for dll to work properly
export RCXTTY=/dev/usb/legotower0
dll -p2 sound.lx

Alternately you may use
dll -p2 --tty=/dev/usb/legotower0