 Robotics / RCX / Search Results: range USB IR long Tower
 Results 941 – 960 of about 2200.
Search took 0.01 CPU seconds.

Messages:  Full | Brief | Compact

  Re: (Failed) Getting LegOS 0.2.2 working on Windows

(...) Hey -- More info about this odd bug. Installed 0.2.3, and the bug is still there. A bit more tweaking revealed: * Compiling with the original (.orig, pre-patch versions of loader, lx, and rcxtty) yielded - after changing O_ASYNC to FASYNC - (...) (25 years ago, 21-Dec-99, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

ir, tower
(score: 0.590)

  Re: (Failed) Getting LegOS 0.2.2 working on Windows

(...) The original loader.c doesn't compile, due to O_ASYNC (and other stuff) - worked around in the patch for Windows folks. No help there ... I did some poking and experimentation, and here's a tad more info: - The "Invalid argument" error happens (...) (25 years ago, 17-Dec-99, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

ir, tower
(score: 0.590)

  Re: LegOS USB Support (for RCX 2.0)

Could you please send me all your files? (21 years ago, 8-Mar-04, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

usb
(score: 0.589)

  RE: NEW LEGO USB Driver

As Mike pointed out, it is a hyper-threading problem. The reason for winXP not working, but W2K works, may very well be that W2K does not support hyperthreading feature, but WinXP does. I wonder if Mike or anyone does indeed disable the (...) (21 years ago, 8-Mar-04, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos, lugnet.robotics.rcx.robolab)

usb
(score: 0.589)

  legousb driver under kernel 2.4.20-athlon

I tried to install the usb driver on my 2.4.20-4GB-athlon kernel. After the configure and make part I take root identity and try the make install but the compiler give me that error : /lib/modules/2.4.20-...sbtower.o: kernel-module version mismatch (...) (21 years ago, 10-Mar-04, to lugnet.robotics.rcx)

usb
(score: 0.589)

  RE: Ideas for NQC

(...) ...a bit like NQP (Not Quite Pascal) :D ? (...) That would have to be called NQB (Not Quite BASIC) ;) Ok, now, seriously, this could be usefull for lazzy typists like me, but remember that C is case sensitive, so, how could BricxCC decide (...) (21 years ago, 9-Mar-04, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.nqc)

usb
(score: 0.589)

  RE: wired expiriences UPLOADING & SAVE-IMAGE

(...) Yes, you are right. I have the char delay to about 10 or 20 msec and the line delay at 100msec. Remember that your monitor and other IR sources may interfere with comms to the RCX. Try fresh batteries and put the bot and tower under a box... I (...) (25 years ago, 14-Dec-99, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.pbforth)

ir, tower
(score: 0.588)

  Re: Light Sensor question

(...) Sam, By default programming when you configure a sensor input to be a light sensor, it gives you back readings in the 0-100 range (i.e. percentage of the maximum possible reading). To get better resolution (which I expect you might want), you (...) (20 years ago, 15-Jul-04, to lugnet.robotics.rcx)

range
(score: 0.587)

  Re: Get/SetCommTimeouts

"Shashank Date" <sdate@everestkc.net> wrote in message news:Htuzyn.6qG@lugnet.com... (...) parameters. I (...) The "SetCommTimeout" function only applies to "COMx" serial ports. You are trying to use it on a USB port! (21 years ago, 29-Feb-04, to lugnet.robotics.rcx)

usb
(score: 0.587)

  Re: firmdl3 problem? - Tower not responding

(...) "Tower not responding" really means that it can't write to the tower. Check batteries and the range. (...) Weird. As far as I can tell, exit is called correctly in all circumstances where "tower not responding" could be generated. (...) Again, (...) (25 years ago, 7-Dec-99, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

range, tower
(score: 0.587)

  Re: the LEGO CNC-Machine

ok, now i understand what you mean. the problem is that this setup could be difficult for long axes, i guess the axle with the worm gears would flex too much... (...) exactly what i was thinking. that's the way the machines i've seen change their (...) (17 years ago, 31-Aug-07, to lugnet.robotics.rcx)

long
(score: 0.587)

  Re: the LEGO CNC-Machine

(...) 16t gear to the gear rack on the bottom of the table. also, the z axis seems to use an idler gear. that's exactly the setup i've built, you can see it here: (URL) top left, next to the tool changer idea (right next to the tiny word "tool"). i (...) (17 years ago, 1-Sep-07, to lugnet.robotics.rcx)

long
(score: 0.587)

  Re: train control

(...) The simple answer is "maybe"! If you have one handy, try it. I'm not sure whether the RCX will cope with a capacitive load rather than an inductive one, so I would advise you not to put the capacitor across the RCX output without a motor in (...) (20 years ago, 8-Jul-04, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.java)

range
(score: 0.586)

  IR proximity

I've managed to get a proximity detection working in legOS, using egcs 1.1.1 as the cross compiler. It has a very short range, and I haven't yet tested if the NQC variants have better range. If that is the case, I believe somebody will have to fix (...) (25 years ago, 1-Dec-99, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

range, ir
(score: 0.586)

  firmdl3 problem? - Tower not responding

Hi.. I am having problems making firmdl3 work.. I have compiled it on a Linux box (Mandrake 6.0) and I get 'tower not responding' but the LED is coming on.. Also, after that error message, control does not return to the terminal. After playing (...) (25 years ago, 7-Dec-99, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

ir, tower
(score: 0.586)

  Re: brickOS v1?

(...) doesn't it do that already with kernel 2.6? I have a serial tower, so I wouldn't know, but it sems logical (as nqc requires that driver and it's just there for me : fc2) Thomas (20 years ago, 24-Jul-04, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

tower
(score: 0.585)

  Re: New TLC Mindstorms survey

(...) Umm - I think you guys got the wrong end of the stick there. I didnt mean bluetooth for sensor connectivity(cables do just fine), I only meant it to replace the existing IR interface for downloading programs. Although intelligent sensor nets (...) (20 years ago, 18-Jun-04, to lugnet.robotics.rcx)

ir
(score: 0.585)

  RE: New TLC Mindstorms survey

I'm thinking something like a hybrid between the GameboyRCX and what we have now.... What if you could use an IR equipped palmPilot (or Clie), or even a PocketPC to talk to a simple micro. Wait, you'd need an IRDA protocol stack on the micro, unless (...) (20 years ago, 18-Jun-04, to lugnet.robotics.rcx)

ir
(score: 0.585)

  Re: Control Cybermaster from RCX with feedback

(...) This might be old news, but I just tried it anyway... You can connect an RCX motor port to a CyberMaster sensor port and vice versa and get tri-state info. You can distinguish between the motor floating, off, and one of forward or reverse (...) (20 years ago, 11-Jun-04, to lugnet.robotics.cybermaster, lugnet.robotics.rcx)

ir
(score: 0.585)

  Re: Straight moving with only one rotation sensor

(...) Sounds good. I use a CyberMaster for the movement part of the robot because it has tachos on each internal motor. I modify the power settings for the motors to keep the robot (reasonably) straight, rather than stop and start them. If you tried (...) (20 years ago, 10-Jun-04, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.nqc)

ir
(score: 0.585)

More:  Next Page >>