 Robotics / RCX / Search Results: range USB IR long Tower
 Results 241 – 260 of about 2200.
Search took 0.02 CPU seconds.

Messages:  Full | Brief | Compact

  Re: Long range IR mode

(...) Disclaimer: I didn't try ANYTHING of this... According to Kekoa's Internals, the ROM routine 0x3250 (0x3266) with parameter 0x1770 sets the IR range to long (short). So you need to do something like: push 0x1770 jsr 0x3250 pop ; Stack should (...) (24 years ago, 27-Dec-00, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.pbforth)

range, ir, long
(score: 5.239)

  RCX <-> PC communication, more details

Thanks for the three of you (Francois, Roger and Lawrence) who have answered to my questions. I was asked to state some more details, which I'll do here: I am working under linux (SuSE 7.3) and since the linux version of java does not yet support (...) (22 years ago, 16-Sep-02, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.java)

usb, long, tower
(score: 5.238)

  NQC 2.4 r1 released

It seems like NQC 2.4 has been stuck in beta test for a very long time...I wanted to wait for Mac OS 9 and Linux USB support, but at the moment Lego hasn't released their Mac OS 9 driver and the Linux situation is probably best addressed right now (...) (23 years ago, 19-Jan-02, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.nqc)

usb, long, tower
(score: 5.236)

  Re: Long range IR mode.

(...) Just scanned through Kekoka's excellent dissection of the ROM routines. Seems like system variable/register at address $ff7b contains the relevant Long range/Short range bit flag, ie. bit 0 toggles the IR range 0 = Long, 1 = Short. Could I (...) (25 years ago, 9-Nov-99, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.pbforth)

range, ir, long
(score: 5.236)

  Re: some measurements in lnp, please comment!

"Brian B. Alano" <alano@bloomington.in.us> wrote in message news:HL30D6.1rDC@lugnet.com... (...) practical (...) assume 50% (...) think anything (...) I'm not familiar with LNP, but I do have a good handle on infra-red messaging in general. There (...) (21 years ago, 12-Sep-03, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

usb, long, tower
(score: 5.233)

  Long range IR mode.

Does anyone know how to switch the RCX to long range IR mode in PBForth? Dave (25 years ago, 6-Nov-99, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.pbforth)

range, ir, long
(score: 5.226)

  RE: Long range IR mode.

<Range mode intro snipped> (...) I'd redefine it something like this....use upper case BASE @ HEX \ To keep from evaluating HEX every time... : RANGE_SET ( f -- ) \ non-zero is long, 0 is short >R FFB7 DUP C@ R> IF FFFE AND ELSE 0001 OR THEN SWAP C! (...) (25 years ago, 9-Nov-99, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.pbforth)

range, ir, long
(score: 5.222)

  Re: Long range IR mode.

(...) Great, much more generalized code. What are the >R and R> words BTW? Did FFB7 C@ . and found the contents to already FE, as in, it appears that the default IR mode is indeed Long to start with. Seems like the effective range is much shorter (...) (25 years ago, 11-Nov-99, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.pbforth)

range, ir, long
(score: 5.218)

  Long range IR mode

I've discovered the RCX is in long range mode UNTIL I send it a POWER_INIT pbForth command. Pity... what's the way around this, anyone ? (24 years ago, 27-Dec-00, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.pbforth)

range, ir, long
(score: 5.215)

  RE: Long range IR mode.

(...) I don't have this word defined yet. If you like and REALLY need it, I can roll it into the next release which will use the ROM math routines for speed. I could (time permitting) roll a special release out for you in the next few days with just (...) (25 years ago, 6-Nov-99, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.pbforth)

range, ir, long
(score: 5.210)

  Re: Custom Firmware, IR Problems, and Dead RCXs (long)

(...) I'm pretty sure I know your problem to your number 2... The IR Tower has no protection against higher power. Running an unregulated power source into the IR tower is not a good idea! Use a 9v regulator package (The little 3 prong packages with (...) (23 years ago, 26-May-01, to lugnet.robotics.rcx)

ir, long, tower
(score: 5.192)

  IR

Hi All. Is there a way to set the IR transmitter to something like 'long range mode'? I would like to have a more powerful beam for proximity detection. I've tried lnp_logical_range(1), doesn't seem to make a difference. The problem is that I don't (...) (25 years ago, 2-Nov-99, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

range, ir, long
(score: 5.191)

  IR tower info

Hi all, As part of our current lego project we are trying to make a PC another node on a legOS network so that we can control robots from a PC. (the end goal I have in mind is a similarish interface to the RCXCC but that is a long way down the (...) (25 years ago, 3-Dec-99, to lugnet.robotics.rcx)

ir, long, tower
(score: 5.188)

  Re: 1.0 brick not responding

(...) Generally, that means the IR tower is working. It's possible the tower has become broken, while it sat in a closet, but that's not very likely. So, knowing things worked before, you may be forgetting something. Make sure the memory is cleared. (...) (19 years ago, 13-Sep-05, to lugnet.robotics.rcx)

ir, long, tower
(score: 5.182)

  Re: Blocking IR

(...) So I just tried this, and it took more than a few minutes to get it to work. But it does work. Apparently, the modulation of the IR signal is needed for the light sensor to give a reading. The standard modulation used during regular IR (...) (25 years ago, 20-Jun-99, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

range, ir, long
(score: 5.180)

  Re: Two RCX with one IR-Tower

The 'usual' way to get status data is to poll the the RCX memory for status information, but you can't do that because of the number of RCX bricks; so how about getting each RCX to send a response message (or series of messages) to the PC encoding (...) (22 years ago, 24-Apr-02, to lugnet.robotics.rcx)

ir, long, tower
(score: 5.180)

  Re: RCX/Spybotics/Scout communication

(...) Spybotics uses a new IR protocol for communication between Spybotics devices, but the IR is also has user-configurable and can send RCX-style messages. Here is a sample program that sends messages from Spybotics to an RCX (or Scout): (URL) (...) (22 years ago, 26-Dec-02, to lugnet.robotics.spybotics, lugnet.robotics.rcx, lugnet.robotics.scout)

range, ir, long
(score: 5.177)

  RCX infrared broken -- what now?

I recently dug my old MindStorms sets out of storage after about five years of inactivity. Naturally the RCXes (I have three) all needed to have their firmware re-installed. I was able to successfully refresh two of the bricks but not the third. I (...) (16 years ago, 20-Aug-08, to lugnet.robotics.rcx)

range, ir, long
(score: 5.176)

  Download problem

Hi Dave and everybody, I have a strange problem with an NQC program. It's something Marco Beri and I are preparing for the Mindfest. The program is rather large if compared to the average NQC programs: about 240 lines of code with large inline (...) (25 years ago, 1-Oct-99, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.nqc)

range, ir, long
(score: 5.176)

  transmission distances

When I muck about with Exploration Mars software, the RCX doesn't go out of range until it's out of the room. With pbForth, the RCX receives the commands over just as far a range, but can only send its "ok" feedback when it is quite close to the (...) (24 years ago, 19-Dec-00, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.pbforth)

range, ir, long
(score: 5.175)

More:  Next Page >>