 Robotics / RCX / pbFORTH / 177
Re: Long range IR mode.
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics.rcx.pbforth
Date:
Tue, 9 Nov 1999 06:34:56 GMT

I don't have this word defined yet. If you like and REALLY need it, I can
roll it into the next release which will use the ROM math routines for
speed.

Just scanned through Kekoka's excellent dissection of the ROM routines.
Seems like system variable/register at address $ff7b contains the
relevant
Long range/Short range bit flag, ie. bit 0 toggles the IR range 0 =
Long,
1 = Short.

Could I define a word like this using C@ and C!?

:  Set_Range_Long  ( -- )
  HEX
  ffb7 C@ fffe AND ffb7 C! ;

Would this correctly toggle that bit?

I could (time permitting) roll a special release out for you in the next few
days with just the IR range item added...

That'd be really cool.  I'm playing with Forth for the first time since
I found it in High School and messed w/ it a bit.  A really cool Low
(yet somehow High...) level nitty gritty language.

Great work BTW, keep it up!

Puzzling out the multitasking stuff,
Dave