 Robotics / RCX / pbFORTH / 413
412  |  414
Subject:
transmission distances
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics.rcx.pbforth
Date:
Tue, 19 Dec 2000 22:32:22 GMT

When I muck about with Exploration Mars software, the RCX doesn't go out of
range until it's out of the room. With pbForth, the RCX receives the
commands over just as far a range, but can only send its "ok" feedback when
it is quite close to the transmitter. My batteries are 80% in the RCX, but I
get the feeling the IR signal is weaker from the RCX unit. On the mindstorm
setup I notice the RCX can be set to long range...is there a way to do this
in pbForth ? or is there anything else I can do to boost the RCX ir signal ?
Thx for replies. More ppl should know about this toy !