 Robotics / RCX / Search Results: range USB IR long Tower
 Results 2021 – 2040 of 2193.
Search took 0.01 CPU seconds.

Messages:  Full | Brief | Compact

  Re: loading s/w

(...) I belive LegOS breaks firmware deletion, in the sense that the "delete firmware" opcode is not supported by the IR routines, but I could be wrong about that. If you are using an AC adapter and no batteries, the easiest thing to do is to turn (...) (26 years ago, 8-Apr-99, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

ir
(score: 0.251)

  Re: loading s/w

(...) I skipped something here. The assumption I made is that you want to load new custom firmware. If you want to load the Lego firmware, find the Firm0309.lgo file in your Mindstorms directory, and load that into the RCX exactly as you would (...) (26 years ago, 8-Apr-99, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

ir
(score: 0.251)

  Re: GCC - Cross-compiler

Sorry I've been out of the loop for so long, guys... I'm moving tomorrow, so I've been packing and such. (...) cool. Which Cygwin, though? It'd be really nice if we could "move up" to Cygwin 1.0, which is a lot easier to install than the beta (...) (24 years ago, 16-Aug-00, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

long
(score: 0.251)

  Re: gcc build instructions for linux

I got everything to build using egcs 1.1.2, but I am having problems with the tm-and-ir demo (after modifying it for the new execi syntax) which make me think maybe egcs is not generating correct code. I used the build instructions at (URL) did use (...) (26 years ago, 7-Apr-99, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

ir
(score: 0.251)

  light values?

Another question before I call it a night- under LegOS 0.1.6, light-sensor values were restricted to the range 0-100. Under 0.1.7, I'm now getting a max value (pointed straight at a light bulb) of about 263, or once even 272. 255 would make sense to (...) (26 years ago, 12-Apr-99, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

range
(score: 0.251)

  Ir transmission

Hi, is there any way to send IR messages using pbForth. This is in order to use the IR proximity detector commonly used with nqc programs. Also I think that with alternative firmware such as pbForth and nqc, it should be possible to do it without (...) (26 years ago, 29-Mar-99, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.pbforth)

ir
(score: 0.251)

  Re: license question

The short answer is yes. The long answer... In general, free software licenses are self-compatible, meaning that you can take portions of software released under that license and create a different product using that same license. In fact, this is (...) (24 years ago, 9-Aug-00, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

long
(score: 0.250)

  Re: Troubleshooting RCX Problems

"Mario Ferrari" <mario.ferrari@edis.it> wrote in message news:FyvsIF.DzH@lugnet.com... (...) so (...) or (...) Sorry it took so long to get back. Its port 1 that is acting up. The rear left knee rotation sensor. Its not the sensor, I changed it to a (...) (24 years ago, 9-Aug-00, to lugnet.robotics.rcx)

long
(score: 0.250)

  RE: Ir transmission

(...) YES!!! The standard FORTH word U. prints an insigned integer, while EMIT sends out an arbitrary byte. So, for a simple IR proximity detector, you would write something like: HEX 0 SENSOR_ACTIVE (labelled sensor #1) 3 1 SENSOR_TYPE (light (...) (26 years ago, 30-Mar-99, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.pbforth)

ir
(score: 0.250)

  Re: Cygnus Installation troubles

I am getting the exact same error. Is there something I am missing in the Makefile or Makefile.Common that I need to modify so it can build the .lx files correctly? I seem to be able to correctly build the legOS.srec and legOS.lds files. They are (...) (24 years ago, 9-Aug-00, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

long
(score: 0.250)

  Re: legOS ...

Hi Mark, you might consider joining the legOS mailing list www.lugnet.com. We're currently working on network protocols for the IR device. POSIX compliance is very worthwile. I'm considering to make all devices files. Yes, even sensors. That way, we (...) (26 years ago, 30-Mar-99, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

ir
(score: 0.250)

  rotation sensor problem (different one this time)

This occurs very irregularly, so I'm not sure what the problem could be, but it is a whopper. After a certain amount of time running my program, (or perhaps after certain inputs-I'm not sure) it would appear that ROTATION_X stops being updated. (...) (24 years ago, 27-Jul-00, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

long
(score: 0.249)

  Re: solaris + legOS

YEAH! It works! And there was great rejoicing! :-) This version sucsefully d/led the helloworld.lx, and it ran perfectly. Thank you much! I'm curious, what all did you change? I saw you did a cool thing to make the getopt_long work... (btw, it gave (...) (24 years ago, 28-Jul-00, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

long
(score: 0.249)

  Light Sensor Non Destructive Mods

Hi All, I've just added a new page to my website that describes a non-destructive mod to the light sensor that actually allows it to read ambient light! (URL) The range is <10 for a dark box and >90 for a halogen lamp about 6 feet away. It's really (...) (26 years ago, 28-Mar-99, to lugnet.robotics, lugnet.robotics.rcx.pbforth)

range
(score: 0.248)

  Re: legOS-0.1.7 released

I finally got my scheduler working on 0.1.6. Porting it to 0.1.7 wasn't too painful. But when I tested it (I have been testing with demo/tm-and-ir), I found that there is junk (not necessarily alphanumeric characters) displayed on the LCD. Thinking (...) (26 years ago, 20-Mar-99, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

ir
(score: 0.248)

  Re: EGCS and GCC

(...) I saw it. Don't know if others did. I thought I replied? (...) one liners :) (...) That would be nice if true :) (...) It will definitely need some more HOWTO updates. That's quite OK, especially if it means we can "standardize" all the (...) (24 years ago, 20-Jul-00, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

long
(score: 0.247)

  Re: Debugging

(...) Oh, you're doing stuff inside the scheduler. Yeah, msleep doesn't work too well there :-) Yes, the pauses were only so I could see what was going on. Another thing you could do is print messages out the IR port; but I'm not sure how it would (...) (26 years ago, 17-Mar-99, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

ir
(score: 0.247)

  Re: Debugging

(...) However, last night, I wrote a brute force (spin loop) msleep which works fine in the scheduler. I found that 800 iterations of an empty for loop with a 16 bit index comes pretty close to 1ms. Granted, I cheated a little, knowing that the (...) (26 years ago, 17-Mar-99, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

ir
(score: 0.247)

  Re: LinuxPPC success

(...) I would like to add it to the HOWTO, or at least to someplace where it is widely publicly available- probably with the instructions at (URL) On another note, where does one find the LNP stuff these days? Arthurdent (...) /Everything/ is a bad (...) (24 years ago, 12-Jul-00, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

long
(score: 0.247)

  Re: Debugging

(...) That's the method I've used. Just be sure to put an lcd_refresh() after the cputw() call - I can't remember if cputw() does the lcd_refresh() or not. Another thing I've done is write out a number where the upper byte indicates a position in (...) (26 years ago, 16-Mar-99, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

ir
(score: 0.247)

More:  Next Page >>