 Robotics / RCX / legOS / 98
Re: legOS ...
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos
Date:
Tue, 30 Mar 1999 11:37:37 GMT

Hi Mark,

currently working on network protocols for the IR device. POSIX
compliance is very worthwile.

I'm considering to make all devices files. Yes, even sensors. That way,
we could implement a regular select() call. The common sensor operation
of waiting for a threshold may be implemented by
ioctl(SENSOR_SET_LOWER,thresh) and ioctl(SENSOR_SET_UPPER,thresh),
having the driver ignore all but the values within the window. Maybe add
functionality to invert the window, too.

Mark O'Neill wrote:
Just found your legOS system -- and downloaded and compiled it -- very
nice! Question I have, is have you done anything since the release I
picked up off the net (0.1.17). I am (probably) going to be using a
Hiatchi H8 to run the flight management systems in an UAV I am presently
putting together -- and yr system represents a very nice OS under which to
run the FMS. However, I will need to add routines to allow the H8 to talk
over a I.R. or radio link to a terminal device (e.g. I need POSIX read and
write functionality etc). I could add stuff like this -- but if you have
already done it (or will be doing it soon) it would be a case of
re-inventing the wheel!

--
Markus L. Noga noga@inrialpes.fr
Check out legOS! http://www.multimania.com/legos/