 Robotics / RCX / legOS / 116
Re: loading s/w
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos
Date:
Thu, 8 Apr 1999 21:44:20 GMT

Kekoa Proudfoot <kekoa@pixel.Stanford.EDU> wrote:
Vic Mulyk <mulykv@cadvision.com> wrote:
After successfully downloading and running tm-and-ir.srec (Linux host),
I cannot download to it any longer.  Upon power up, the LCD displays LEGO!5
and I can select any other program slots.

I could just re-load firmware in '95 but I don't want to have to reboot
everytime I want to load new software.

I believe LegOS breaks firmware deletion, in the sense that the "delete
firmware" opcode is not supported by the IR routines, but I could be wrong
about that.

I skipped something here.  The assumption I made is that you want to load
new custom firmware.  If you want to load the Lego firmware, find the
Firm0309.lgo file in your Mindstorms directory, and load that into the RCX
exactly as you would otherwise loaded tm-and-ir.srec.  But first follow the
delete firmware procedure I described.

-Kekoa