 Robotics / RCX / legOS / 171
Re: loading s/w
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos
Date:
Wed, 21 Apr 1999 05:07:59 GMT

Markus L. Noga <noga@inrialpes.fr> wrote:
A safe reset from multitasking would look like this:
disable_interrupts();
set_stack_to_on_chip_area();   // if ROM doesn't do this itself
rom_reset();

The first instruction (at 03ae) places the stack in on-chip memory,
assuming RAME bit of SYSCR is at its initial value of 1.

Why not make rom_reset() disable interrupts, then do its thing?  That would
be the safest thing to do.

-Kekoa