 Robotics / RCX / Search Results: range USB IR long Tower
 Results 1681 – 1700 of 2193.
Search took 0.01 CPU seconds.

Messages:  Full | Brief | Compact

  light sensor problem?

Ok, so i'm supposed to be the guru, but I don't get it: all my light sensors are currently showing a range of adjusted values between 60-310, instead of the 20-110 that I'm used to seeing. The sensor is in active mode (passive mode still shows (...) (24 years ago, 21-Jul-00, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

range
(score: 0.333)

  Re: cgywin

it seems make dosn't install by default with the cgywin setup file. i reinstalled cgywin with "make" and other needed modules: ash autoconf automake bash binutils cpio cygwin diff file fileutils findutils flex gcc grep less login make mingw patch (...) (22 years ago, 14-Apr-02, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

long
(score: 0.330)

  Workshop 3D RCX Challenge #4 Results

Earlier today was the Workshop 3D RCX Challenge #4. There were dozens of competitors, and even more robots. This was the best turnout yet for the number of competitors and robots at this event! Below is a summary of the results. For the full (and (...) (23 years ago, 14-Apr-02, to lugnet.robotics, lugnet.robotics.rcx, lugnet.robotics.events, lugnet.org.us.smart)

long
(score: 0.330)

  Mars with video capture

I finally got my Mars Expansion Pack working with my Pinnacle Video Capture Card, type DC10 Plus. I can switch between the tiny black and white camera that fits on a robot much better, viewed through the card, and the USB QuickCam Pro golf ball (...) (24 years ago, 16-Apr-00, to lugnet.robotics.rcx)

usb
(score: 0.329)

  Re: LeJos threads / sleep() takes too long

The priority mechanism used in lejos is the same as that specified in the Real Time Specification for Java (RTSJ): Threads of a higher priority will absolutely block threads of a lower priority as long as they remain runnable. The sensor listener (...) (23 years ago, 1-Apr-02, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.java)

long
(score: 0.329)

  Re: LNP Question

Hello Colin, (...) (24 years ago, 14-Jun-00, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

ir
(score: 0.328)

  Re: lego turing machine

(...) I got to thinking, maybe this isn't so impossible after all. Imagine if you used 2x2 blocks with 2x2 tiles on top. Now you have something the RCX can lift. Run two pieces of train track parallel to each other, with four spots' width separating (...) (23 years ago, 29-Mar-02, to lugnet.off-topic.geek, lugnet.robotics, lugnet.robotics.rcx.nqc)

long
(score: 0.328)

  Re: problems using arrays in NQC

wow, I tried what you said and it worked flawlessly. I feel kinda stupid for not having thought of that for so long. thanks. aatish aatish@mac.com "Alexander Cech" <alexander.cech@chel..._this_.at> wrote in message news:GtMKMo.H79@lugnet.com... (...) (23 years ago, 27-Mar-02, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.nqc)

long
(score: 0.328)

  Re: Deleting Programs

(...) I created a user space program which does some of this. I call it "inspector" as it mostly inspects the values of sensors. It also shows the current battery reading and how long the RCX has been on. The UI is pretty simple to use. It also (...) (23 years ago, 25-Mar-02, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

long
(score: 0.328)

  Re: can you use the old type 9v motor with an RCX?

(...) Yes, you can use that motor with the RCX, but it draws significantly more current than the newer geared-down motors, so your batteries won't last as long. Dave (23 years ago, 24-Mar-02, to lugnet.robotics.rcx)

long
(score: 0.327)

  Re: Proposals, Bug Fixes, etc and tracking them with SourceForge

I'm interested in helping out with legOS as well. So here's a brief write up of my applicable qualifications. ~7 years of C/C++ programming ~3 years of embeded C programming ~5 years of distributed programming (CORBA, RPC, RMI, homegrown stuff) (...) (23 years ago, 22-Mar-02, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

long
(score: 0.327)

  Re: motors are stuck...

According to a book by Ferrari brothers ("Building Robots With Lego Mindstorms") here's what you can try: --- How to release a Jammed Micromotor A micromotor jams so easily, you should know what to do when it occurs. The following list should help: (...) (23 years ago, 18-Mar-02, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

long
(score: 0.327)

  Software for Analyzing Forth Programs

From NASA Tech Briefs: (URL) parts of code can be categorized and quantified in selectable ways. Marshall Space Flight Center, Alabama Forth Source Code Analysis Tool Set (FSCATS) is a computer program that provides a wide range of capabilities for (...) (24 years ago, 13-Jun-00, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.pbforth)

range
(score: 0.326)

  RE: Major breakthrough serial wise.

Soirry for the late reply, I've been on a sudden business trip and was unable to get to my email... (...) Great! I would leave the basic serial stuff alone and enable interrupt driven serial IO in a separate set of words, like RCX_INIT and (...) (24 years ago, 3-Jun-00, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.pbforth)

ir
(score: 0.326)

  Re: LeJos threads / sleep() takes too long

Hi Bart, (...) if you mean LISTENER_THREAD then that sounds plausible. (...) Yes, LISTENER_THREAD has maximum priority, so it runs before any threads of lower priority, even yield doesn't help. (...) Yes, I think we'll have to fix that somehow. (...) (23 years ago, 6-Mar-02, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.java)

long
(score: 0.326)

  LeJos threads / sleep() takes too long

Experimenting with Lejos, two 'major' problems: memory (cleaning up platform & lang: Math.class is huge!) and... threads. I have the impression my "try { sleep(nnn) }" takes a somewhat arbitrary time. It's 'at least' nnn milisec, but often much (...) (23 years ago, 6-Mar-02, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.java)

long
(score: 0.326)

  Re: RCX as a PGP engine

(...) It really isn't that limited when you consider other platforms that run full PK systems, such as the Dallas Semiconductor iButton. It has a much more limited processors, more limited RAM, and you write your code in Java so it has to be (...) (23 years ago, 9-Mar-02, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

long
(score: 0.325)

  VB Upload Problem

I'm having trouble uploading data from within VBA (Microsoft Word). I wrote the Example program from page 93 of the SDK, and added an .InitComm before the UploadDatalog command. When I run the script, the green light comes on in the tower as if data (...) (24 years ago, 20-Jun-00, to lugnet.robotics, lugnet.robotics.rcx)

tower
(score: 0.325)

  Re: Support for pbForth in BricxCC

(...) I'm also playing with interfaces to pbforth at the moment. What you're doing and I'm not is syntax highlighting. I'm not actually sure how well that works in pbforth, since I'm not sure how the editor knows which words have been defined (...) (23 years ago, 3-Mar-02, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.pbforth)

long
(score: 0.325)

  Can you still use RCX's IR for collision detection?

I made robot using NQC that did this....pretty reliably too. The idea is you constantly send out messages, and when you get close to an object, there's a bit of feedback. This feedback is picked up by one of the light sensors, which is particularly (...) (24 years ago, 26-May-00, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

ir
(score: 0.325)

More:  Next Page >>