 Robotics / RCX / 569
568  |  570
Subject:
Mars with video capture
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics.rcx
Date:
Sun, 16 Apr 2000 22:01:18 GMT

I finally got my Mars Expansion Pack working with my Pinnacle Video Capture
Card, type DC10 Plus.  I can switch between the tiny black and white camera
that fits on a robot much better, viewed through the card, and the USB
QuickCam Pro golf ball camera. The image is still a bit jerky due apparently
to software processing time.  The native software for the capture card is
full speed, just like TV, and handles things like fast waving hands just
great.  It is much faster than the USB camera, but in the Mission Control
Window much of the advantage seems lost.  But the Lego software has no
problem finding the video capture card and allowing you to select it.