 Robotics / RCX / Search Results: range USB IR long Tower
 Results 1201 – 1220 of 2193.
Search took 0.04 CPU seconds.

Messages:  Full | Brief | Compact

  Re: Help!! no serial port in new laptop pc!!!...!!!

(...) I am not sure if the USB serial ports work for all applications. You might want to be a bit careful. I have some older programs which expect to find real hardware COM ports and they don't recognise the USB variety. JB (23 years ago, 23-Jul-01, to lugnet.robotics.rcx)

usb
(score: 1.548)

  Re: communication brick <-> PC

(...) It can be used, but the problem is that the tower shuts off fairly quickly if it doesn't hear anything from the computer. So the listening program would need to be sending keep-alive messages periodically. I think that Dave will put something (...) (24 years ago, 4-Jun-00, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.nqc)

tower
(score: 1.548)

  Re: rotation sensor thing solved

(...) This is a quite interesting situation to test. When I released patched sensors routines, I've tested the sensor values (expecially rotation one) with batteries full and with very exausted batteries, but never with exausted batteries and motors (...) (24 years ago, 27-Jul-00, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

range
(score: 1.547)

  Re: Help!! no serial port in new laptop pc!!!...!!!

I have successfully used a Belkin USB to Serial Adapter on my IBM laptop. Below is a link to the latest model: (URL) <rmhendrix@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:GGxsvH.Gw8@lugnet.com... (...) is (...) (23 years ago, 23-Jul-01, to lugnet.robotics.rcx)

usb
(score: 1.547)

  Re: Help!! no serial port in new laptop pc!!!...!!!

(...) There are external Serial ports that you can buy and plug into your USB ports. I would think that might be the easiest way to go. Eric Kingsley (23 years ago, 23-Jul-01, to lugnet.robotics.rcx)

usb
(score: 1.547)

  Creating sight for RIS/No Vision Command

Hello Does anybody have any experience in adapting a small color video camera so that it will either send messages to the RCX via the IR port or connect to the RCX's sensor inputs ? I realize that at the very least I am going to have to create some (...) (24 years ago, 8-Sep-00, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.nqc)

ir
(score: 1.547)

  Re: linux USB driver.

I've just upgraded to the kernel 2.4.9-31 and tried to compile this driver. I get the following errors: [root@kelcsts38b usb_lego]# make install /sbin/modprobe -r usb_lego cp usb_lego.o /lib/modules/2.4.9-3...rivers/usb /sbin/modprobe usb_lego (...) (22 years ago, 3-May-02, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

usb
(score: 1.546)

  Re: Creating sight for RIS/No Vision Command

Tough, I think that in order to do this you would need to do some very complicated electronics and programming of a computer that could all be carried on the rcx and use little power. This would probably involve lots of expensive stuff. Although (...) (24 years ago, 11-Sep-00, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.nqc)

ir
(score: 1.546)

  Re: Multiple RCXs

If the functions you wish to perform can be done in simple tasks you could probably program each RCX to recognize a specific range of message numbers. In this way, a 'function' on the RCXs can be 'invoked' by the PC by having it send a specific (...) (24 years ago, 12-Aug-00, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

range
(score: 1.545)

  VB Upload Problem

I'm having trouble uploading data from within VBA (Microsoft Word). I wrote the Example program from page 93 of the SDK, and added an .InitComm before the UploadDatalog command. When I run the script, the green light comes on in the tower as if data (...) (24 years ago, 20-Jun-00, to lugnet.robotics, lugnet.robotics.rcx)

tower
(score: 1.544)

  Programming for Scout using RCX2.0Beta

I am using RCX2.0Beta to test Scout, but it seems Beta doesn't support Scout, although there is some saying in readme.txt file, if you compile the Avoider.scout with Beta version, you will get the error as follows: Error (0xe0050832) from VPBrick (...) (24 years ago, 15-Aug-00, to lugnet.robotics.rcx, lugnet.robotics.scout)

range
(score: 1.544)

  Communicatin between NQC and legOS

Hi folks, is it possible to communicate between two RCX, one running NQC, one running legOS ? I have to solve this problem for using a RCX programmed with legOS and the Vision Command camera. The vision command camera software requires an (...) (24 years ago, 20-Sep-00, to lugnet.robotics.rcx)

ir
(score: 1.544)

  IR ranging

hey i read that you can perform ir ranging with an rcx. how can i pull this off? please help. and has anyone tried building a laser diode that is mindstorms compatible? i tried it but i killed my laser. i figure you can do some cool stuff with the (...) (24 years ago, 24-Oct-00, to lugnet.robotics.rcx)

ir
(score: 1.544)

  Re: Short term memory ablut sensor input???

(...) The program doesn't actually record in the Vectors array any information about where it saw an obstacle. It just records which direction the robot went and how far (according to the rotation sensor) during the last leg of the journey. Each (...) (24 years ago, 22-Sep-00, to lugnet.robotics.rcx)

ir
(score: 1.544)

  TinyVM coding question

Folks, I have a question about TinyVM 0.1.3. I am working with the included code (TestReceiver1.java) but have come across some interesting behavior which I hope someone can explain (and offer a solution for). I am tryying to write a simple program (...) (24 years ago, 22-Sep-00, to lugnet.robotics, lugnet.robotics.rcx.java)

ir
(score: 1.544)

  Re: Scout poweroff time out?- Update

(...) After a *FEW* hours playing with this thing I've found out the following... It's built in shutdown is set for 15 minutes. Sending an IR code seems to reset this counter. So far I cannot find any way to keep it alive on it's own. If anyone (...) (24 years ago, 30-Sep-00, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.nqc, lugnet.robotics.scout)

ir
(score: 1.543)

  Re: Sharp GP2D05 Infrared Ranger and the RCX

Ooh, you're right. This seems to be too much for battery powered models. Has anybody a better idea? I want to have a sensor with gives a linear (?) signal corresponding to a distance. For an 1-bit boolean signal I saw a plan in elektor 9/2000 (...) (24 years ago, 3-Oct-00, to lugnet.robotics.rcx)

ir
(score: 1.542)

  Re: The datalog

(...) Dave, I have a question about the datalog. In the manual you state that the createdatalog function creates a datalog of x many points. How much is a point? Is that how many unique entries can be made or an overall 'byte' amount? Is a value (...) (24 years ago, 3-Oct-00, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.nqc)

ir
(score: 1.542)

  Connecting 2 RCXs

The IR interface is one way to establish a "connection" via messages between 2 RCXs and it works fine if both of the RCXs will receive a message - directly or by multiple reflections within the room. However, it is a slow communication. My problem (...) (24 years ago, 19-Oct-00, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.nqc)

ir
(score: 1.541)

  IR download broken

I just tried my new IR remote for my RCX and it doesn't work at all. So then I tried downloading a program with NQC (which I have done for quite a while) and that doesn't work either, I just get "No response from RCX". What's going on, is my RCX (...) (24 years ago, 16-Nov-00, to lugnet.robotics.rcx)

ir
(score: 1.540)

More:  Next Page >>