 Robotics / RCX / NQC / 756
Re: Creating sight for RIS/No Vision Command
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics.rcx.nqc
Date:
Mon, 11 Sep 2000 19:27:24 GMT

Tough, I think that in order to do this you would need to do some very
complicated electronics and programming of a computer that could all be
carried on the rcx and use little power. This would probably involve lots of
expensive stuff.

Although this is probably possible, it's probably not worth the time,
effort, or money unless nasa is sponsoring you.

James

"Tim Goodwin" <tgvoz@tidalwave.net> wrote in message
Hello

Does anybody have any experience in adapting a small color video camera so • that
it will either send messages to the RCX via the IR port or connect to the • RCX's
sensor inputs ?

I realize that at the very least I am going to have to create some kind of
processor to interpret the video signal and then either output that to an • IR
transmitter or sensor connector. I want to give my robots "sight" and was • really
hoping that someone else had at least begun the process so I could learn • from
them.

Vision Command is out because it requires the camera to be tethered to a • pc. I
would like to create something that would be an all inclusive solution and • be
able to mount this on my robot. I also don't own a pc.

Any help or pointers would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks
Tim Goodwin