 Robotics / RCX / *8945 (-20)
  Re: bad motor output because of bad lego firmware?!

(...) The firmware (at least version 0328) intentionally prevents you going directly from forward to reverse (or vice versa). I guess the designers felt this would be too rough on the motors. Try inserting a Wait(50) in your first loop. It'll work (...) (20 years ago, 28-Oct-04, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.nqc)

  bad motor output because of bad lego firmware?!

Hi there, I've spent the last two days trying to write a function in NQC that transfers data to the Lepomux I/O-extender. The data transfer is normally done by connecting the Lepomux to one of the motor ports. Each transition from one motor state to (...) (20 years ago, 28-Oct-04, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.nqc)

  Re: Help installing brickOS

(...) Sure. The configure script tries to find the gcc cross compiler toolchain for the brick's hitachi processor. This chain is needed to compile brickOS to a program that can be run by the RCX. But it seems that you did not install the tool chain. (...) (20 years ago, 28-Oct-04, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  Re: Help installing brickOS

(...) I believe that I had the exact same problem a few weeks ago, but I found that using a pre-built package takes a lot of the hassle out of installing BrickOS. The pre-built packages can be found at: (URL) hope this helps, Timothy (20 years ago, 27-Oct-04, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  Help installing brickOS

I'm trying to install brickOS 0.2.6.10.6 on WIN NT. After unning "configure" it's busy for along time, and terminates with the message -"No Hitachi gcc compiler found. Please install compiler and try again." Any suggestions? Thanks, Jordon (20 years ago, 27-Oct-04, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  Re: Piggybacking sensors, but in a different way

(...) While you may be able to connect a touch sensor (passive) to two RCXs, I doubt that would work with a light sensor (any active sensor). Mainly, because one of them must be set to power the sensor. Normally, when the sensor is read by an RCX, (...) (20 years ago, 26-Oct-04, to lugnet.robotics.rcx)

  Piggybacking sensors, but in a different way

Is it possible to piggyback 1 sensor onto two rcx's? For instance, have one light sensor connected to port 1 of two different rcx's at the same time. The purpose would be for one rcx to control chassis movement, and another to control manipulator (...) (20 years ago, 26-Oct-04, to lugnet.robotics.rcx)

  Re: Rotation sensor limitation

(...) The simplest answer is to try it. Yes the limit that an RCX 16 bit integer can hold is 32767. From there things go to -32768 down to zero I think. (...) Kevin (20 years ago, 25-Oct-04, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.nqc)

  Robolab/RCX program code size and limits.

Hi, I'm using Robolab 2.5.3 and RCS firmware revision 03.01 03.28. I have a couple of questions: - I want to demonstrate the difference in code size between a program written using subroutines versus a program written using subVi's. How do I (...) (20 years ago, 24-Oct-04, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.robolab)

  Rotation sensor limitation

I use a rotation sensor for a brick sorting machine – hence I need to know the limitation of the rotation sensor. What happens when the rotation sensor exceeds 9999 as shown on the LCD display? Apparently the rotation sensor can still keep track of (...) (20 years ago, 24-Oct-04, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.nqc)

  Re: Rotation Sensor

(...) However I would definitely recommend 10-12V AC adapter - there are stories of people burning out the bridge rectifier on the RCX adapter input by prolonged use of DC adapters. ROSCO (20 years ago, 23-Oct-04, to lugnet.robotics.rcx)

  Re: Rotation Sensor

"Jordon Hirshon" <j.hirshon@att.net> wrote in message news:I606x3.161n@lugnet.com... (...) Lego Educational: Adapter - (URL) Sensor - (URL) - (URL) Sensor - (URL) (20 years ago, 23-Oct-04, to lugnet.robotics.rcx)

  Re: Rotation Sensor

(...) Rotation sensors are still readily available. You can get them from LEGO's educational division. Check lego's web site to find the name of the educational division distributor for your area. Any 9v DC adapter that fits the socket will work for (...) (20 years ago, 23-Oct-04, to lugnet.robotics.rcx)

  Rotation Sensor

How can I track down a rotation sensor, and an AC adaptor for RCX 1.0? Jordon (20 years ago, 22-Oct-04, to lugnet.robotics.rcx)

  use of single features of BrickOS

Hi, I am working for the university of Stuttgart. And like universities are, they always need to do something special. That's why my task is to use Micro C/OS-II with the Bricks. There ist just a problem: Micro C/OS-II does not contain methods to (...) (20 years ago, 22-Oct-04, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  BrickOS Installation on OS X

Hello, I was wondering if anyone has a step-by-step installation guide for installing BrickOS on Mac OS X 10.3. I recently tried but was not able to get it working properly. I did this by first installing libusb-0.1.8, binutils-2.15 and gcc-3.4.2. (...) (20 years ago, 20-Oct-04, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  Re: Help - no response from "brick"

(...) This old post may be useful to the people out there who are trying to use pbForth with BricxCC. (URL) bitmap is missing but it didn't contain any really useful information. The most important thing to remember about BricxCC and pbForth is to (...) (20 years ago, 18-Oct-04, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.pbforth)

  Re: LNP: No connection between PC and RCX

Nobody, who can help me??? I wondered if it could be a problem that I used gcc 3.3 (Suse Linux 9.0) to compile everything, and made the crosscompiler with a gcc2.95 packet, because the egcs packet doesn't work. There were errors during the (...) (20 years ago, 18-Oct-04, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  LNP: No connection between PC and RCX

Hi, I want to send some data between my PC (Suse Linux 9.0) and the RCX-Unit (Brickos 0.2.6). I thought LNP would do the thing, and so I downloaded and installed it. When I start the LNPD daemon the LED on my Serial-IR-Tower lits up for a few (...) (20 years ago, 16-Oct-04, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  Re: Help - no response from "brick"

(...) ---...--- Thanks for your response. It, along with Parick's posting of 9 April enabled me to get started. Jordon (20 years ago, 15-Oct-04, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.pbforth)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact