 Robotics / RCX / *775 (-20)
  Re: NQC 2.0 and some math questions

(...) That's exaclty what I was thinking of doing. Originally, the compiler had no way of allocating temp variables which is why code for % couldn't be emitted. The temp allocator is now pretty good, so I could emit the above sequence, but it just (...) (25 years ago, 30-Sep-99, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.nqc)

  Re: RCX Controlled Air Compressor Tester

(...) Er, I didn't actually measure the pressure. I merely recorded the movement of the piston of the cylinder up to its maximum extent. -- C S Soh (URL) where air is power (25 years ago, 30-Sep-99, to lugnet.robotics, lugnet.build, lugnet.robotics.rcx)

  Re: RCX Controlled Air Compressor Tester

(...) Hi, Ralph Your double-acting pump is still a cool design. I like the futuristic look. It was quite easy to build from the pictures. I had to substitute for the tall sloped brick but otherwise I followed the images faithfully. Of course, I'm (...) (25 years ago, 30-Sep-99, to lugnet.robotics, lugnet.build, lugnet.robotics.rcx)

  Re: RCX Controlled Air Compressor Tester

(...) Hmmm .. Two stage might not be the correct term. Two stage would imply it was compressing already compressed air, right ? I am sorry about that. Double acting would probably be more correct as each compressor leads to it's own airtank then (...) (25 years ago, 29-Sep-99, to lugnet.robotics, lugnet.build, lugnet.robotics.rcx)

  Re: RCX Controlled Air Compressor Tester

Hmm maybe I should clean up my Compressor design and add it to my Lego page I have expanded on the mini-compressor to make it double action - but full stroke. It is about twice as long as the mini pump, and a little wider due to three 24t gears. (...) (25 years ago, 29-Sep-99, to lugnet.robotics, lugnet.build, lugnet.robotics.rcx)

  Re: RCX Controlled Air Compressor Tester

Why is this two stage? I could not follow this design clearly but are you feeding the output of one stage to the input of the next? Two compressor pistons in parallel is something else (double acting?? I am not sure what)... Cool design no mater (...) (25 years ago, 29-Sep-99, to lugnet.robotics, lugnet.build, lugnet.robotics.rcx)

  Re: RCX Controlled Air Compressor Tester

(...) Hi Chio Thats a pretty interesting design. Nice work! (URL) Here is a link to some pictures of the two stage compressor I built. Hopefully there are enough details shown to reconstruct it but if you have any questions let me know. The actual (...) (25 years ago, 29-Sep-99, to lugnet.robotics, lugnet.build, lugnet.robotics.rcx)

c s soh <cssoh@singnet.com.sg> wrote in message news:37F21B8E.1C3CD6....com.sg... (...) What kind of maximum pressure (psi) can you get? I built a pressure sensor that I will publish very soon based on the Lucas sensors available from Digikey. I (...) (25 years ago, 29-Sep-99, to lugnet.robotics, lugnet.build, lugnet.robotics.rcx)

  RE: RCX Controlled Air Compressor Tester

The page on compressor comparisons is really informative. I'm honoured that you felt my design was worthy of testing. The reason I made it a two stroker was to "balance" the load on the driving system. Michael Powell's compressor tends to "lump" (...) (25 years ago, 29-Sep-99, to lugnet.robotics, lugnet.build, lugnet.robotics.rcx)

  Re: RCX Controlled Air Compressor Tester

(...) Thanks, It could possibly be done but I've not tried it. It would have made the air compressor tester more complicated than necessary. As you can see I'm really a minimalist. One of the design goals was to keep it simple yet fully functional. (...) (25 years ago, 29-Sep-99, to lugnet.robotics, lugnet.build, lugnet.robotics.rcx)

  Re: RCX Controlled Air Compressor Tester

(...) <snipsnip> (...) <snipsnip> (...) That seems easily solved with some extra gears, or am I missing something? I mean, you could amplify the rotation of the axle by five (or three, or two) any number of times until the rotation sensor does pick (...) (25 years ago, 29-Sep-99, to lugnet.robotics, lugnet.build, lugnet.robotics.rcx)

  Re: NQC 2.0 and some math questions

(...) x = y % z is equivalent to (where w is an temporary integer): w = y / z; x = y - z * w; I can't think of a useful use of % just with constants. Ciao. Marco. (25 years ago, 29-Sep-99, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.nqc)

  RE: RCX Controlled Air Compressor Tester

For what its worth, the Lego Shop@Home catalog is offering the #8250 Rescue Sub for $25.00, discounted from $49.50. Big pump, air tank, one valve, one big cylinder, long yellow beams and nifty molded shapes. For the price, I'm thinking of getting (...) (25 years ago, 28-Sep-99, to lugnet.robotics, lugnet.build, lugnet.robotics.rcx)

  Re: Listening to IR via NQC

(...) FWIW, I did something similar to this using NQC and the Datalog. It uses variable0 for polling and letting the PC know the Datalog has some "stuff" it wants to send. (URL) (25 years ago, 28-Sep-99, to lugnet.robotics.rcx, lugnet.robotics.rcx.nqc)

  Re: RCX Controlled Air Compressor Tester

(...) I have tried to emphasise all the time in my web pages. It has probably reached the theoretical limit of efficiency for the small pump. It will be difficult to build another compressor that can surpass his mini compressor. On the other hand, (...) (25 years ago, 28-Sep-99, to lugnet.robotics, lugnet.build, lugnet.robotics.rcx)

  Re: RCX Controlled Air Compressor Tester

(...) Thanks, Indeed, my first attempt was to use a rotational sensor positioned with the axle at the pivot point of the lever arm and tried to datalog the angular movement using DACTA Control Lab. However, the resolution of the rotation sensor (...) (25 years ago, 28-Sep-99, to lugnet.robotics, lugnet.build, lugnet.robotics.rcx)

  Re: RCX Controlled Air Compressor Tester

A Lego testing machine for Lego compressors... wow, one of the coolest Lego things ever seen around! I love the idea and love your implementation, and find your results very useful. BTW, I think that the Ralph Hempel's double-action compressor (...) (25 years ago, 28-Sep-99, to lugnet.robotics, lugnet.build, lugnet.robotics.rcx)

  Re: RCX Controlled Air Compressor Tester

Nice work! For a while it looks that you could travel back in time using this recording device, before you realize that the pen draws an arc when the paper doesn't move ;-). Could it be possible to add a rotational sensor and datalog the time and (...) (25 years ago, 28-Sep-99, to lugnet.robotics, lugnet.build, lugnet.robotics.rcx)

  Re: RCX Controlled Air Compressor Tester

(...) Thanks for the nice comments and suggestions. As a matter of fact, I'm working towards a doctorate in Legorobotology, majoring in Pneumatics (what else) from the University of Legoland, if not MIT :-)) -- C S Soh (URL) where air is power (25 years ago, 28-Sep-99, to lugnet.robotics, lugnet.build, lugnet.robotics.rcx, lugnet.technic)

  Re: RCX Controlled Air Compressor Tester

(...) Er, <wipes egg off face> never mind. They're on the next page. Missed that the first time. However the Limit switch reference probably should be changed. I merely hosted the diagram that I was mailed, and I cannot take credit for coming up (...) (25 years ago, 28-Sep-99, to lugnet.robotics, lugnet.build, lugnet.robotics.rcx, lugnet.technic)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact