 Robotics / RCX / NQC / 169
Re: NQC 2.0 and some math questions
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics.rcx.nqc
Date:
Wed, 29 Sep 1999 01:07:29 GMT

On Thu, 23 Sep 1999 00:03:43 GMT, dbaum@spambgoneenteract.com (Dave
Baum) wrote:

A bug in the document.  * and / are legal for any expressions.  % is
restricted to constants.
I know the restrictions are confusing.  The problem is that the RCX
opcodes are somewhat incomplete.  Now that I think about it, I can
probably generate reasonable code for % from the primitives /, *, and -.

x = y % z

is equivalent to (where w is an temporary integer):

w = y / z;
x = y - z * w;

I can't think of a useful use of % just with constants.
Ciao.
Marco.