 Robotics / RCX / *5890 (-20)
  Support for pbForth in BricxCC

I've started a project recently related to pbForth. And I'm interested in some community feedback. Last night I wrote a preliminary pbForth syntax highlighter for the editor component I use in BricxCC. And I modified BricxCC slightly so that you can (...) (23 years ago, 3-Mar-02, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.pbforth)

  new EmuLegOS release 1.2.5.0

I just posted a new release of EmuLegOS, if you're interested you can grab it from (URL) of the changes were just adding support for additional sensor types. Here is the changelog. 1.2.5.0 03/02/02 Mark Falco - added include for semaphore.h so user (...) (23 years ago, 2-Mar-02, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  Re: pbrick.dll

(...) spirit.ocx (...) as for the spirit.ocx? (...) comes in the (...) Hi, I don't know about pbrick.dll, but Lego finally made the RIS2 SDK available. Besides a linkable API dll ("Ghost") it also contains a COM server with functionality similar to (...) (23 years ago, 1-Mar-02, to lugnet.robotics.rcx)

  Re: reliability of quad speed LNP

(...) Probably depends on the make-up of the data you're transferring. ROSCO (23 years ago, 28-Feb-02, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  Re: reliability of quad speed LNP

So with inverting every other message byte were you able to work at 4x? Were you then also able to work at close range at 4x? It would seem easy to patch LNP to automatically do this inversion. I'll have to give this a try. thanks, mark (23 years ago, 28-Feb-02, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  Re: RFC: Creation of Version 0.2.6

(...) We asked our lawyers about this many months ago, when the whole issue first came up. It's okay with them if the name "legOS" is used in a "formerly known as" context. Just like what you describe, basically - to make sure people understand that (...) (23 years ago, 27-Feb-02, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  h8/300 16-bit multiply

I'm trying to implement a 16bit multiply that leaves a 32bit result on the H8/300. The RCX ROM includes 16x16=16 and 32x32=32 multiplication routines, but not the intermediate step. Any hints or pointers? (it should be straightforward, but my eyes (...) (23 years ago, 27-Feb-02, to lugnet.robotics.rcx)

  pbrick.dll

Hi everyone, I found this replacement controller of the spirit.ocx Does anyone know if there is any documentation for pbrick.dll?Or is it the same as for the spirit.ocx? Another question:Does the pbrick.dll support the USB tower that comes in the (...) (23 years ago, 27-Feb-02, to lugnet.robotics.rcx)

  Re: Power to RCX

Hi every one, Thanks for all your help on my previous inquiery. My other idea is, to power my newly acquired Scout with a Solar panel. The Solar panel (car battery saver) is 12V at ~70mA; which I intend to connect a Voltage converter (ready made (...) (23 years ago, 27-Feb-02, to lugnet.robotics.rcx)

  Re: reliability of quad speed LNP

"Mark Falco" <falcom@onebox.com> wrote in message news:Gs44C0.MGL@lugnet.com... (...) <<snip>> I'm not familiar with LNP but I have also experienced similar messaging problems. I have an old RCX 1.0 (S/N 22751) with serial tower and a newer RCX 2.0 (...) (23 years ago, 27-Feb-02, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  Re: Communication between 2 Robots - Movement transmition

I did something simple in my book where each robot had an angle sensor, and could copy each other's 1D movement. Some grad students at Tufts did the same thing with 2 angle sensors on each robot and 2D movement. Both projects also then expanded to (...) (23 years ago, 27-Feb-02, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.java)

  Re: BricxCC release 3.3.3.8

(...) It looks like the "slowness on shutdown" that I was experiencing when I closed BricxCC while multiple editor windows were open was causing access violations on your machine. What was happening was the code explorer would kick off a thread to (...) (23 years ago, 26-Feb-02, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.nqc)

  Re: Java Mindstorms API

Hi Keith, (...) on the site I saw: To build an equivalent system for on-board ML programming of the RCX using the Lejos operating system Great project, finally there will be a decent programming language for the RCX ;-) Should better get going with (...) (23 years ago, 26-Feb-02, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.java, lugnet.robotics.rcx)

  Re: reliability of quad speed LNP

I have found that between a rather old PC and a RCX I cannot use quad speed transfer of data as the RCX cannot keep up. When a different (faster) PC and the same RCX I can use quad speed transfer. I guess it comes down to protocol timing. LNP does (...) (23 years ago, 26-Feb-02, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  Re: BricxCC release 3.3.3.8

hi John, getting the latest video driver (Geforce 2MX, driver DetonatorXP v23.11) didn't help :-(, but .... you're new version 3.3.3.9 DID help :-) So thanks again ! I can't see any relevant changes from your "enhancements" list, but maybe you (...) (23 years ago, 26-Feb-02, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.nqc)

  reliability of quad speed LNP

Does anyone have any data on the reliability of quad speed LNP? I've been using quad speed LNP for downloading programs to my 1.0 RCX for some time, and never had a problem. Recently I'd bowored a friends 1.0 RCX so that my bot could have two RCXs. (...) (23 years ago, 25-Feb-02, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  BricxCC release 3.3.3.9

I've released another version of BricxCC (3.3.3.9). In this release: 1) Fixes to Cybermaster-specific items on the Watch window and graph 2) Fixed slow shutdown caused by Code Explorer 3) Added hints on Code Explorer preferences dialog to help (...) (23 years ago, 25-Feb-02, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.nqc)

  Re: problems with communications

(...) Dear oh dear. Probably because I'm being dense. (...) And the obvious answer - if it's software handshaking I should be able to see it with software. Having written a program to feed the serial port arbitary bytes and capture and log arbitary (...) (23 years ago, 25-Feb-02, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.pbforth)

  problems with communications

I'm trying to get started with pbforth, but not finding it easy. While I know no forth, I'm happy with RPN (long-time HP calculator user) and stacks, dictionaries and defining words (ex-Postscript programmer). What I'm struggling with is getting as (...) (23 years ago, 25-Feb-02, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.pbforth)

  Java Mindstorms API

Hi all, I'm a 4th year computer science student and have just developed an add on to the RCXPort API for mindstorms control for the purpose of using with standard ML as part of my 4th year project. The website is www.dcs.ed.ac.uk/~kv...oject.html (...) (23 years ago, 25-Feb-02, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.java, lugnet.robotics.rcx)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact