 Robotics / RCX / pbFORTH / 445
Re: problems with communications
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics.rcx.pbforth
Date:
Mon, 25 Feb 2002 21:45:15 GMT

On 25 Feb 2002 18:57:08 GMT, Ian Smith <ian@achrn.demon.co.uk> wrote:

I'm trying to get started with pbforth, but not finding it easy.

Dear oh dear.  Probably because I'm being dense.

so, my questions:
Should XON/XOFF handshaking work?

And the obvious answer - if it's software handshaking I should be able to
see it with software.

Having written a program to feed the serial port arbitary bytes and
capture and log arbitary bytes received back, I find 0x13 and 0x11
bracketting the RCX responses. So I conclude that teh RCX is XONing and
XOFFing, and while I've only checked with short transfers (10s of bytes)
if it's doing it for them, I guess it's doing it for all communication.

Is it a fault in the terminal emulator I'm using?

So I conclude - probably. Odd though, because it's not something I've come
across before with that terminal application.

I guess I'll just write my own file upload routine. _Then_ I'll start
learning forth!

regards,   Ian SMith
--
  |\ /|      no .sig