 Robotics / RCX / NQC / 1373
Re: BricxCC release 3.3.3.8
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics.rcx.nqc
Date:
Tue, 26 Feb 2002 15:30:44 GMT

In lugnet.robotics.rcx.nqc, Stef Mientki writes:
getting the latest video driver (Geforce 2MX, driver DetonatorXP v23.11)
didn't help :-(,
but ....
you're new version 3.3.3.9 DID help :-)

So thanks again !
I can't see any relevant changes from your "enhancements" list, but
maybe you understand why.

It looks like the "slowness on shutdown" that I was experiencing when I
closed BricxCC while multiple editor windows were open was causing access
violations on your machine.  What was happening was the code explorer would
kick off a thread to parse the file in the second window after the first one
was closed as part of the process of shutting down the application (because
I trigger the code explorer parsing in the WM_MDIACTIVATE message handler).
Now I set a flag indicating that the application is shutting down and exit
early from the routine that triggers the code explorer if that flag is set.

Maybe a suggestion for the next enhancement:
  if the user tries to open a file for the second time, don't open a
the same file, but focus on the already open file.

I'll keep that in mind.  I'm glad I stumbled onto a fix for your problem.

John Hansen