 Robotics / RCX / NQC / 1361
Re: BricxCC release 3.3.3.8
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics.rcx.nqc
Date:
Tue, 19 Feb 2002 19:45:21 GMT

John Hansen wrote:

> In lugnet.robotics.rcx.nqc, Stef Mientki writes:
>
>>I know the cause, you know the solution ;-)
>>
>>The size of BricxCC when opening the first file, depends on the SIZE of
>>the file to be opened.
>>       8   bytes, window stays as it is
>>       256  bytes, blows the window up to about 600*500
>>       7   kilobytes, blows the window up to whole screen about 1000*800
>>

> Well, I'm stumped.  I cannot get the behavior you describe to occur no
> matter how hard I try.  I'm not sure what you mean by "I know the
cause, you
> know the solution".  Have I understood your description of the problem
> correctly?  Are you saying all I have to do to duplicate the problem
is to
> open a file on the recent file menu?  There must be more to it since I've
> tried that and it doesn't do anything like what you describe.  I've
opened
> small files and large files (13+KB) and the BricxCC window size never
changes.

Yes that's exactly what I'm trying to say !!

To day I had an even stranger experiences:
      1. the size of BricxCC became smaller after opening the first file,
still depending on the size (or is it the content) of the file
      2. in one of the tests I did, my screen was totally meshed up, I've
put this on a webpage.
http://baserv.uci.kun.nl/~smientki/download/Test.htm
This is terrible, because it costs a lot of energy to put all the
toolbars back. At the moment I've chozen to do this by deleting the
section in the registry file.

Also after removing the BricxCC section from the registry, the behaviour
stays unchanged.

Maybe it has something to do with the code-explorer. Although it is a
perfect tool, if I disabled it in the preferences, it still will come up
the next time I start BricxCC.

If it's any help to you, I can send the nqc files I used for testing and
or the registry settings.

> There simply can't be anything about the size of the NQC file that would
> effect the size of the main BricxCC window.  The only code that
changes the
> size of the BricxCC window when you open a file is the code that
attempts to
> restore a DSK Desktop file.  And in that situation it reads window size
> information from values in the DSK file.

I can't find any DSK files. Where should I look.

> Perhaps I have misunderstood the problem you are describing.  Has anyone
> else had this occur in BricxCC 3.3.3.8 or earlier versions?
>
> John Hansen

Thanks,
Stef Mientki