 Robotics / RCX / NQC / 1368
Re: BricxCC release 3.3.3.8
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics.rcx.nqc
Date:
Thu, 21 Feb 2002 22:09:13 GMT

In lugnet.robotics.rcx.nqc, Stef Mientki writes:
To day I had an even stranger experiences:
     1. the size of BricxCC became smaller after opening the first file,
still depending on the size (or is it the content) of the file

Try this.

1. Delete the BricxCC key from the Registry (HKCU/Software/BricxCC).
2. Run BricxCC and bring up the Preferences dialog.
3. Make sure the "Autosave Options/Project Desktop" checkbox is NOT checked.
4. Close BricxCC.
5. Use Explorer to search your computer for *.dsk files and delete any that
are obviously NQC-related (they will have the same file name as your .NQC
files except with the .DSK extension).

Now can you reproduce the BricxCC window size changing behavior when opening
a file via the recently used file list?

It seems to me (based on the program code) that it is not possible for the
opening of a file to cause the size of the BricxCC window to change (unless
there is a matching desktop file: c:\test\1_sample.nqc and
c:\test\1_sample.dsk).

     2. in one of the tests I did, my screen was totally meshed up, I've
put this on a webpage.
http://baserv.uci.kun.nl/~smientki/download/Test.htm
This is terrible, because it costs a lot of energy to put all the
toolbars back. At the moment I've chozen to do this by deleting the
section in the registry file.

My toolbars hardly ever move or resize.  What could be causing yours to
change their size and position so radically?  It's pretty easy to get them
back in the right size and position, though.  Just drag them off the toolbar
so that they are floating.  Then drag them wider so that they are only one
row tall.  Then drag them back to the toolbar one at a time in the desired
order.

Also after removing the BricxCC section from the registry, the behaviour
stays unchanged.

I don't understand what you mean by "the behavior".  Which behavior are you
talking about?  The window size changing or the toolbars getting resized and
out of position?

Maybe it has something to do with the code-explorer. Although it is a
perfect tool, if I disabled it in the preferences, it still will come up
the next time I start BricxCC.

Are you sure you are using 3.3.3.8?  When I turn off the "Automatically show
Explorer" checkbox in the Code Explorer Preferences dialog it does not come
up the next time I start BricxCC.

If it's any help to you, I can send the nqc files I used for testing and
or the registry settings.

Send me a zip containing your nqc files, and a .REG of your BricxCC key in
the registry.

John Hansen